Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
1975177_10202833592137963_7452255268889941737_n.jpg

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Key word, probably.

Not saying I'm this phenomenal hockey player by any means, but I've been playing for 20 years (holy crap can't believe it's been that long), and I skate just fine.

But do you have "wheels"?

:sarcasm:

neumann103

Feb 20, 2010
Used to use a roller bag when I was a little kid. Too big, too clunky, actually wore down faster. Used a carry bag ever since I was able to carry the bag from the car to the rink. Would never switch back. The bags aren't heavy at all.

I also would never show up to anything past age 12 with a rolling bag :laugh:

Roller bags didn't exist when I was 12!

Maybe that's why they don't seem like a mark of shame. They are a wonder of modern late 20th Century technology!

manictech

Apr 9, 2012
Tucson,AZ
In school I always thought it was ridiculous that back packs had wheels and I feel the same way about hockey bags. Although my suit case does have wheels.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Had my Warrior Pro bag a few months now, thought I'd give some feedback.

Pros:

+ held up very well so far, no tears, no zipper issues
+ large bag makes it easy to toss gear in after games and go

Cons:

- pain in the ass to get through doors
- constantly slides off my arm
- lack of skate pockets means I'm always looking for my skate guards after games
- lack of external accessory pockets makes it difficult to keep organized
- giant bag enables my laziness and I rarely take my stuff out to dry and organize before/after games

Don't necessarily regret the purchase as I know it's a bulletproof bag, but I may end up getting another backpack at some point. The lack of space forced me to unpack after games and put my gear away properly, and I always had to re-pack my bag the same way so I knew I had everything.

Case in point, I forgot my pants at a game earlier this year. Had never forgotten a piece of protective gear in probably 250+ skates. It's my own damn fault, but the backpack kept me on track.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
how small are the doors that you're trying to get through???? I have no problems though I'm sure it's not as easy as a backpack that you actually carry on your back (not a wheeled backpack)

your Warrior pro bag doesn't have skate pockets??? weird because mine does. one interior mesh skate pocket on each end and 3 small mesh pockets that run the length of one side for tape, extra laces, etc.
even when I had an ACTUAL pro Warrior bag (Ron Hainsey's bag from the Thrashers) it had skate pockets though no accessory pockets.

the sliding off the arm thing used to drive me crazy but then I got this luggage handle thing to keep the handles together and I don't have that issue anymore. still, it's the one thing I'd add to the Warrior Pro bag.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Front doors and locker room doors. Usually rink doors are fine, but when I have to get through a regular sized door, I have to swing the bag in first and then follow, otherwise it gets stuck sideways.

I'll have to check the internal pockets. I know there was one mesh internal pocket, maybe I missed the others.

STC

Oct 29, 2012
I personally think wheel bags are more of a pain in the ass and tougher to lug around than carry bags. I've had 7 spine surgeries so I got a wheel bag a few years back. It was awful. sure its great when you are just on a flat surface. But, the second you have to get that bag up a flight of stairs or into your car it becomes a lot heavier and more cumbersome than a carry bag. Or try getting it through a crowded locker room.

Carry bags, throw them over your shoulder and then its like it isn't even there anymore. Wheel bags are a pain in the ass.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I have a 370Z so most bags won't even fit in the hatch back. I went with the RBZ carry bag, light, simple, all my ice gear fits.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
And the bag worked well. I'd like one more pocket for jerseys and socks, but no big deal. Maybe I will pick up a bag for accessories and move that stuff to the third mesh pocket, or better yet a laundry bag so I can actually remember to wash stuff before the last minute.

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
lol! glad you found the skate pockets!
totally agree with you on the pocket for jerseys. I like to keep a black and white jersey in my bag for those times when somebody forgets theirs. I just keep mine folded neatly in a laundry bag at the bottom of the bag. not ideal but it works okay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad