Proposal: Price to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gru can be the best goalie in a series matchup. If he can do that in 4 series then the Avs can compete for the Stanley Cup.

And if Gru can't, we've got faith Francouz can.

During the season they're probably a top 10 tandem. Individually they're probably never going to be better than top 10-15 goalies season to season. You don't need better than that to win the cup.

It's hopeful and possible but your not the only one who will try that. For every cherry picked name you can find that worked out, I can throw 5 back at you that didn't work out. Regardess, even if you are disappointed, we won't be trading you Price like we did with Roy.

Good luck in the playoffs! I'm from Halifax and a big MacKinnon fan

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Possible you can survive with what you got. Wonder how things change after this next playoffs. We will see how far you go with that kind of goal tending.

I'm not worried at all. And we still have Byram and first round picks coming our way in the next few seasons. The window is wide open.

Reactions: go4hockey

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Grubauer has 8 GA in his last 5 and a 94.4 sv%. He's bouncing back into a respectable form. Maybe if Montreal retains 99% we can talk, otherwise I think all Avs fans would agree we want no part of Price and his contract. Especially if we have to send Byram AND a 1st

Pretty much this.

I expected an outrageous OP and boy did they deliver.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not worried at all. And we still have Byram and first round picks coming our way in the next few seasons. The window is wide open.

The window might not be even open yet or it's a small window waiting for the big one to open. I agree, the future looks bright for the Avs. Will you win with hopeful goal tending? Possible but not probable. Good luck! I'll be cheering for the Avs

You might go as far as the Jets with a Hellebuyck type goaltender IMO. I actually hope you reach the cup finals but from the outside looking in... Goaltending is a question mark until one of your boys can squash that concern in the playoffs. We will see

Not trying to force Price on you guys either. He's not on the trade block actually.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It's really cute that you think anyone in the NHL views Price as anything other than a contract albatross at this point.

No one wants a 32 year old goaltender signed until the end of time. If you put him through waivers I think there is a good conversation whether he would actually pass through them or not.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Question for Avs fans. Do you think you can compete / win the cup with Grubauer? Simple yes/no will suffice.
I'm not an Avs fan, but i am a hockey fan. The Avs are very strong in every other aspect (forwards/defense/depth), if their goaltending is even adequate, the answer is yes. And their goaltending is better than adequate right now.

Reactions: Gargamaul

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
The window might not be even open yet or it's a small window waiting for the big one to open. I agree, the future looks bright for the Avs. Will you win with hopeful goal tending? Possible but not probable. Good luck! I'll be cheering for the Avs

You might go as far as the Jets with a Hellebuyck type goaltender IMO. I actually hope you reach the cup finals but from the outside looking in... Goaltending is a question mark until one of your boys can squash that concern in the playoffs. We will see

Not trying to force Price on you guys either. He's not on the trade block actually.
What makes Grubauer “hopeful goaltending”?

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
God damn dude.

First off, many folks leaguewide see the Avs as cup contenders this season. Not the best team or even top 3 maybe, but solidly in the handful of teams that people will expect to go deep and compete for the cup.

2nd - No team in the f***ing league adds Carey Price and goes from 'possible cup' to 'probably cup'. That's just silly.

You seem like you have absolutely no feel for the landscape of the NHL.

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
All that I had to do was read the title to come up with an answer.

No.

The moment the ink dried on that contract, you (Hab fans) guys were going to be stuck with him until free agency. Sorry, no goalie is worth what he’s getting paid.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
All that I had to do was read the title to come up with an answer.

No.

The moment the ink dried on that contract, you (Hab fans) guys were going to be stuck with him until free agency. Sorry, no goalie is worth what he’s getting paid.

The feeling with Price is that if the Habs make the playoffs, there is a chance he can go all-world. He's still a very good goaltender with no obvious signs of decline. That said, the Habs have never indicated a desire to trade him as he is the face of the franchise.

Any trade thread that has Price in it should be closed because it is inconceivable in all measures.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Price holds nowhere close to that value with his current contract. Like, not even remotely close. It'd be a hard sell even without Byram in the proposal.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I keep hearing that Colorado needs to upgrade their goaltending and given our infamous trading history with the Avs I figure why not hand you another couple of cups, only this time maybe get a better return. What do you think of:

Grubauer, Byram and a 1st in 2020, 2nd in 2021
for
Price (25% retained), Scandella (or whatever depth player you want) and Nate Thompson

2 years from now I am guessing the Price contract causes some cap issues, but who knows what the league will look like then. For now it gives a very good team a very good goalie and a chance at winning a few cups which I think is worth the asking price.
Habs stuck with price...give it up

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Price holds nowhere close to that value with his current contract. Like, not even remotely close. It'd be a hard sell even without Byram in the proposal.

Price is not for sale regardless of his contract. The whole premise of the OP's offer is absurd.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

There is one team in our conference that I consider better than us (the cup champs); and they won their cup with a rookie. So, if the window is not "open", then its not open for any team in the conference.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is one team in our conference that I consider better than us (the cup champs); and they won their cup with a rookie. So, if the window is not "open", then its not open for any team in the conference.

Their rookie goaltender is good and playing behind a very good team D. Avs team is not as good as the Blues. I'm curious to see how far the Avs go in the playoffs and what are the comments if they fall short of expectations. I do think the narrative changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad