Proposal: Price to Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
I keep hearing that Colorado needs to upgrade their goaltending and given our infamous trading history with the Avs I figure why not hand you another couple of cups, only this time maybe get a better return. What do you think of:

Grubauer, Byram and a 1st in 2020, 2nd in 2021
for
Price (25% retained), Scandella (or whatever depth player you want) and Nate Thompson

2 years from now I am guessing the Price contract causes some cap issues, but who knows what the league will look like then. For now it gives a very good team a very good goalie and a chance at winning a few cups which I think is worth the asking price.

Peterpl

Feb 12, 2020
Grubauer, Byram and a 1st in 2020, 2nd in 2021
for
Price (25% retained), Scandella (or whatever depth player you want) and Nate Thompson

LOL....good try,

there is no way you get that back for Price,

he isn't that much of an upgrade from Grubauer....if at all

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
This is hilarious. I'm a Habs fan, born and raised so not biased against MTL. Price doesn't have ANY value, with his contract he has negative value. We'll have to pay to get rid of him, not the other way around. To think Colorado would pay that much for him? Jesus christ, you're delusional.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Price to COL comes up once a week on here. Each time it’s the same exact thing - Habs aren’t trading Price and, even if they did, there’s no way the Avs are giving up any real assets for him, let alone Byram OR a first.

Safe to say we can lock this one up.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Price: 47 GP 2.70 GAA .917 sv%

Grubauer: 34 GP 2.64 GAA .915 sv%
Francouz: 21 GP 2.42 GAA .925 sv%

Riddle me this

Why should we give up our best prospect and a first rounder for a goalie who is at best comparable to what we have, who is contracted at large term and larger money (even with retention) well in to an age range where goalies drop off, where Colorado will have large contracts for (at least) MacKinnon, Makar and Rantanen to pay for?

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Price: 47 GP 2.70 GAA .917 sv%

Grubauer: 34 GP 2.64 GAA .915 sv%
Francouz: 21 GP 2.42 GAA .925 sv%

Riddle me this

Why should we give up our best prospect and a first rounder for a goalie who is at best comparable to what we have, who is contracted at large term and larger money (even with retention) well in to an age range where goalies drop off, where Colorado will have large contracts for (at least) MacKinnon, Makar and Rantanen to pay for?
Lets not pretend like Price wouldnt be an upgrade. COL is a much better team that would be in front of him vs the Habs hes been playing with. The contract and age is the real problem. If we could have Price for 1-2 seasons, sure, sign me up now (still no Byram, though) and send Francouz to the A, but it isnt possible.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Price to COL comes up once a week on here. Each time it’s the same exact thing - Habs aren’t trading Price and, even if they did, there’s no way the Avs are giving up any real assets for him, let alone Byram OR a first.

Safe to say we can lock this one up.

It seems to always be Montreal fans making these threads. I wonder why that is.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Question for Avs fans. Do you think you can compete / win the cup with Grubauer? Simple yes/no will suffice.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Compete? Yes.
Win? Maybe. A lot would need to go right.

Fact remains those would be my same answers if we had Price.

Exactly this. Winning a cup requires a lot of things to go right. The best option for the Avs to win a cup is to keep pumping in these high level prospects (i.e. Byram), retain talent with our cap space and be a competitor year in year out.

Reactions: go4hockey

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Question for Avs fans. Do you think you can compete / win the cup with Grubauer? Simple yes/no will suffice.

Gru can be the best goalie in a series matchup. If he can do that in 4 series then the Avs can compete for the Stanley Cup.

And if Gru can't, we've got faith Francouz can.

During the season they're probably a top 10 tandem. Individually they're probably never going to be better than top 10-15 goalies season to season. You don't need better than that to win the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad