TSN: Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Therrien top the NHL Awards ballot poll

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I think Gallagher and Subban will win their respective awards, for Therrien it depends on how he gets his team to perform now and in the playoffs.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Price has been dreadful when shorthanded this season. In fact, before the Toronto and Philly games his ES S% was close to 93% which is pretty good (.928). Right now, his even-strength S% is BETTER than it was last season (.921 vs .918 last year). His SH S%? Worst among full-time starters. Something's gotta give. Whether it's his puck tracking or the team as a unit, it's been dreadful.

1- A save % of .928 would make him tied with 4 other goalies at 13th. It's not "pretty good". It's average.
2-Right now, his save % of .921 5v5 is good for 19th tied with 2 other goalies. That's not good. It's below average at best. He's in the lower tier of goaltenders. And if you remove every goalie's 2 worst games, their save % would also go up by a full percent so you can't just remove the last two games and act like they don't exist.

Important to put numbers in perspective. The numbers by themselves mean nothing.

EDIT:

The ranking comes from the table I posted in the other Price thread. See below :

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=64132121&postcount=227

Last edited:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
1- A save % of .928 would make him tied with 4 other goalies at 13th. It's not "pretty good". It's average.
2-Right now, his save % of .921 5v5 is good for 19th tied with 2 other goalies. That's not good. It's below average at best. He's in the lower tier of goaltenders. And if you remove every goalie's 2 worst games, their save % would also go up by a full percent so you can't just remove the last two games and act like they don't exist.

Important to put numbers in perspective. The numbers by themselves mean nothing.

EDIT:

The ranking comes from the table I posted in the other Price thread. See below :

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=64132121&postcount=227

Awesome . Thanks for the clarification I think it really paints a clear picture.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And if you remove every goalie's 2 worst games, their save % would also go up by a full percent so you can't just remove the last two games and act like they don't exist.

It's great to see how people would remove Price's worst games to try to show how great he really was, yet don't think of doing it for every other goalie out there.....Let's remove Price worst games, but keep the other goalies' worst though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad