TSN: Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Therrien top the NHL Awards ballot poll

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Its true that when you take out all the ****** games from Price like 6-8 games his sv % is 9.30% +

But there were **** games, and they all contribute to the averages, for every goalie in the NHL. Your argument is invalid.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
As much as I love Price, WOW, that is shocking. Was it who would they most like to have or who has been the best. If it's EC goalies then I can understand since Anderson hasn't played that many games. Still surprising. Even MT over Carlyle - I think it's pretty close since Carlyle seems to have revitalized the leafs more, or maybe it just feels that way since it's been awhile since we remember what our team can do or if it can do it without Emmy.

Gallagher and Subban should get the Calder and Norris hands down. If they don't, it will be plain robbery. Huberdeau can go put up meaningless points all he wants, he is not the best rookie this year, not by a long shot (and I think Hubbey is going to be a league leader). Subban, is there really anyone better? Really? Subban > Suter.

And if Marky does not get Masterton, I'll eat my hat. BTW, the Masterton is a meaningful trophy.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Lundqvist has been phenomenal of late and I dare say Rask is keeping Boston from a free fall if their constant complaining is any indication. Price has no business in the Vezina discussion with how inconsistent he's been. As for Therrien, I still feel not awarding MacLean would be criminal after what he has accomplished in Ottawa. Granted, we sprung from last to almost firt, but Ottawa has basically iced an AHL roster and remained competitive. That is nothing more than astonishing.

My votes for the East would be:

Lundqvist
Subban
Gallagher
MacLean

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
But who are the goalies in the East? Craig Anderson has been hurt, if not, he's the obvious nominee for the East. The fact that Rask isn't up there is mind boggling, I guess he doesn't have the fame that Price has....but people would really beleive Price is having a better season? Lundqvist, despite his rather ordinairy team has a .926 save %. I guess he suffers from not being able to make his team better. Reimer has clearly not the notoriety yet. Fleury always been seen as inconsistent AND not getting the recognition based on the team he's playing for. Holtby is just...Holtby. So Price has to be up there, based on how okay he was this year. But also based on how weak the East is in that regard. I mean, all great to be the Eastern favorite, but if the Western has 4 better nominees...doesn't mean a whole lot. And we don't know to which extent he was named #1. All 25 agreed? I would doubt it.

Somehow, I will always believe that Price's name is being mentioned based on actual play AND potential. Even if it's a question solely about today's play. Price isn't bad....but #1 in the East makes no sense.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, no one is saying he deserves a vezina nomination. We are however saying that it shows how Price is viewed by our opponents in the Eastern Conference. Further proof that there is about ~3 teams in the NHL who wouldn't move for Price to assume their number 1 goalie position.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Taking all the season into consideration, I'd say Price shouldn't be considered. Gallagher, Subban and Therrien make sense.

No shot at Price. IMHO, he's a franchise goaltender with consistency issues and it's to be expected at such an age.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
But who are the goalies in the East? Craig Anderson has been hurt, if not, he's the obvious nominee for the East. The fact that Rask isn't up there is mind boggling, I guess he doesn't have the fame that Price has....but people would really beleive Price is having a better season? Lundqvist, despite his rather ordinairy team has a .926 save %. I guess he suffers from not being able to make his team better. Reimer has clearly not the notoriety yet. Fleury always been seen as inconsistent AND not getting the recognition based on the team he's playing for. Holtby is just...Holtby. So Price has to be up there, based on how okay he was this year. But also based on how weak the East is in that regard. I mean, all great to be the Eastern favorite, but if the Western has 4 better nominees...doesn't mean a whole lot. And we don't know to which extent he was named #1. All 25 agreed? I would doubt it.

Somehow, I will always believe that Price's name is being mentioned based on actual play AND potential. Even if it's a question solely about today's play. Price isn't bad....but #1 in the East makes no sense.

Lundqvist is having the best season in the East IMHO. Rask has had some consistency issues like Price this season.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

So the veracity of this poll comes into question. I suppose when you vote for something you really don't have accountability for voting on you can fill in whatever you want. Like me voting for the premier of Quebec. Hope it isn't the kiss of death for the other players because Subban and Gallagher are strong candidates, it's good to have some A-list players for a change.

Analyzer*

Its true that when you take out all the ****** games from Price like 6-8 games his sv % is 9.30% +

If you have to take out 6-8 games in a shortened season to put his numbers in the Veznia range, then he shouldn't be a Veznia candidate.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lundqvist is having the best season in the East IMHO. Rask has had some consistency issues like Price this season.

Lundqvist has been average too... He makes 1-2-3 big saves a night(Like Price does) but he still lets 3 goals in(like Price)

Sounds like a reputation thing here...

The simple fact is that the East goaltending has been weak.

Bob, Niemi, Schneider all have been playing better and they will get the recognition.

Funny thing is, out of my top 3 Rinne, Hank and Carey, none of them are having great seasons.... Goes to show that they're human after all.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah, no one is saying he deserves a vezina nomination. We are however saying that it shows how Price is viewed by our opponents in the Eastern Conference. Further proof that there is about ~3 teams in the NHL who wouldn't move for Price to assume their number 1 goalie position.

Hey, don't worry. I understand that. Not exactly a Price lover, but I put myself in the other teams shoes, and I absolutely would love to have him here, just to see how he'd do in another market than Montreal. I think that coaches and GM's understand that fact and some might have named in based on where he's playing.

I would also move to make Price my #1 goalie. Mostly based on the fact that Price is at least a top 10 goalie, there's at least 20 teams who would do it. I'd even do it. But as far as WE are concerned....do we see the absolute best we can from him based on how he was brought in? Based on the pressure on Habs goalies? Based on his personnality? I mean, we hear so much about this stupid "change of scenery" that maybe, just maybe, THIS TIME, it might actually be true? Not too tough to imagine that he could go from good to great elsewhere. Mostly the reason why IF I want to trade him, there's NO WAY I trade him to an Eastern team. We might wait to see how the relocations of teams are going though.....would be pretty funny to trade him to a Western team that ends up moving in the East.....Like Phoenix for example....That would be something else....;)

Seriously, I wouldn't move him. Not yet. But if the circus around him doesn't stop, we might have no choice. I mean, at one point, I really thought that the circus would be there the day Halak was traded. And it was, based on his preseason Price got booed. But who shut everybody's trap? Price himself with his performances, and that despite a Jennings trophy by Halak. So only Price can shut everybody up once again. If he can't, well it will get ugly. And if Bergevin doesn't want to have to deal with that, he will need to do some SERIOUS RETOOLING with his D in the summer. Keeping the same D won't cut it next year.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Hey, don't worry. I understand that. Not exactly a Price lover, but I put myself in the other teams shoes, and I absolutely would love to have him here, just to see how he'd do in another market than Montreal. I think that coaches and GM's understand that fact and some might have named in based on where he's playing.

I would also move to make Price my #1 goalie. Mostly based on the fact that Price is at least a top 10 goalie, there's at least 20 teams who would do it. I'd even do it. But as far as WE are concerned....do we see the absolute best we can from him based on how he was brought in? Based on the pressure on Habs goalies? Based on his personnality? I mean, we hear so much about this stupid "change of scenery" that maybe, just maybe, THIS TIME, it might actually be true? Not too tough to imagine that he could go from good to great elsewhere. Mostly the reason why IF I want to trade him, there's NO WAY I trade him to an Eastern team. We might wait to see how the relocations of teams are going though.....would be pretty funny to trade him to a Western team that ends up moving in the East.....Like Phoenix for example....That would be something else....;)

Seriously, I wouldn't move him. Not yet. But if the circus around him doesn't stop, we might have no choice. I mean, at one point, I really thought that the circus would be there the day Halak was traded. And it was, based on his preseason Price got booed. But who shut everybody's trap? Price himself with his performances, and that despite a Jennings trophy by Halak. So only Price can shut everybody up once again. If he can't, well it will get ugly. And if Bergevin doesn't want to have to deal with that, he will need to do some SERIOUS RETOOLING with his D in the summer. Keeping the same D won't cut it next year.

I know it's not the subject of discussion of this thread, and that it might be a little quick to ask for this, but;

What are the options Bergevin have in your opinion? The UFA market looks really, really weak as a whole for d-men, and we already have several bodies under contract.

There's no question that if we were to retool our D, it would have to be through trades. But then again, who would you like to see come in, and who would you like to see get out?

Markov and Subban, I assume, are keepers.

Then you have Diaz, Emelin, Bouillon and Gorges. What would you change there?

I personally think Diaz and Gorges are both expandable, what would you think about it?

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Great news for the Habs! Shows how respected our players are.

For all the hate, Subban is the clear top D in the East. Ahead of Chara, ahead of Letang. I don't know if he'll win but what this shows is he's a player every coach that regularly sees him wants him.

The Price "win" is puzzling to those who play the numbers game - notably media and fans. Not to say teams and coaches don't watch numbers, but coaches and players think more about what that player is and what he can do.

If you're a coach in the East, who would you want as your no. 1 guy over him? Rask? Lundquist (who had a rough start)? Carey has had an unspectacular year, numbers wise, but look at Roy's numbers. But who would you want more than Roy during the late 80's and early 90's? Price has the pedigree to do the kind of thing Roy did - win Cups and Conn Smythes.

Gallagher has had a great season and I think he could win because of the impact he's made on the lineup and around the league. If Galchenyuk keeps going at the pace he is, he may just get a nom too!

Great recognition for Therrien. What a different guy he is. He's made a terrific impact right off the bat and he and Bergevin seem to be on the same page.

All around fantastic news for the Habs! Even if we someone don't get an official nom it's been a great year.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

I kind of see Price in the same vein that I see Fluery.

A very solid #1, but will definitely let in softies. You can build a team around him, but he's not going to carry your team for long periods of time either.

Lundqvist has been average too... He makes 1-2-3 big saves a night(Like Price does) but he still lets 3 goals in(like Price)
I don't want to talk against Price too much because I love having him, but these type of posts are what boggles my mind.

.926 SV% to .908 SV%.

One is elite, one is average. (SV%'s not the goalies in question).

Lundqvist (along with Nash, Stepan, and maybe a couple defenseman) are the reason the Rangers are even in a playoff spot. The same can't be said for Price (but we haven't needed him to be either).

ReppingMTL

Mar 22, 2012
lol Price is a franchise goalie, going to be the starting goaltender for Team Canada next year and is respected by every other fan base in the league.

Except ours, go figure

pine*

I kind of see Price in the same vein that I see Fluery.

A very solid #1, but will definitely let in softies. You can build a team around him, but he's not going to carry your team for long periods of time either.

I don't want to talk against Price too much because I love having him, but these type of posts are what boggles my mind.

.926 SV% to .908 SV%.

One is elite, one is average. (SV%'s not the goalies in question).

Lundqvist (along with Nash, Stepan, and maybe a couple defenseman) are the reason the Rangers are even in a playoff spot. The same can't be said for Price (but we haven't needed him to be either).

Price has been dreadful when shorthanded this season. In fact, before the Toronto and Philly games his ES S% was close to 93% which is pretty good (.928). Right now, his even-strength S% is BETTER than it was last season (.921 vs .918 last year). His SH S%? Worst among full-time starters. Something's gotta give. Whether it's his puck tracking or the team as a unit, it's been dreadful.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Great news for the Habs! Shows how respected our players are.

For all the hate, Subban is the clear top D in the East. Ahead of Chara, ahead of Letang. I don't know if he'll win but what this shows is he's a player every coach that regularly sees him wants him.

The Price "win" is puzzling to those who play the numbers game - notably media and fans. Not to say teams and coaches don't watch numbers, but coaches and players think more about what that player is and what he can do.

If you're a coach in the East, who would you want as your no. 1 guy over him? Rask? Lundquist (who had a rough start)? Carey has had an unspectacular year, numbers wise, but look at Roy's numbers. But who would you want more than Roy during the late 80's and early 90's? Price has the pedigree to do the kind of thing Roy did - win Cups and Conn Smythes.

Gallagher has had a great season and I think he could win because of the impact he's made on the lineup and around the league. If Galchenyuk keeps going at the pace he is, he may just get a nom too!

Great recognition for Therrien. What a different guy he is. He's made a terrific impact right off the bat and he and Bergevin seem to be on the same page.

All around fantastic news for the Habs! Even if we someone don't get an official nom it's been a great year.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
Price has been dreadful when shorthanded this season. In fact, before the Toronto and Philly games his ES S% was close to 93% which is pretty good (.928). Right now, his even-strength S% is BETTER than it was last season (.921 vs .918 last year). His SH S%? Worst among full-time starters. Something's gotta give. Whether it's his puck tracking or the team as a unit, it's been dreadful.

Our PK is complete crap. Diamond formation is not effective. I don't know why we would make changes to the one we had last year.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well good thing that special teams are a lot more rare in the playoffs.. cause we are going to need to him to post a .920+ SV% in the playoffs if we stand a chance.

pine*

Well good thing that special teams are a lot more rare in the playoffs.. cause we are going to need to him to post a .920+ SV% in the playoffs if we stand a chance.

Yep, nevertheless, he hasn't looked sharp (ES or SH) in his last two games. He needs to get it together.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
this is unbelievable.. we should all be excited that the team finally has players that are turning heads and forcing their ways into the discussion for best of this or that catagory.

FFS, last year we would have killed to be in this position.. now that were here lets not be happy and focus only on price and his last 3 games... and pretend that hes the only goal tender to go through a mental breakdown that might take him a few games to work through... soo.. he must be absolute **** now, Right?

does he deserve the vesina this year.. NO. but does he deserve all this **** from most of the people around here .. HELLS NO! and even if he doesnt (according to a lot of you guys) deserve to have his name up there in this tsn poll thing I think that the coaches choosing him for the vesina in the east is probably one of the best things that could happen right now.. he needs a bit of a confidence boost after the last few games. its probably doing wonders for him getting his mojo back right now.

now the to the more important things, How about Subban, Gallagher, Therrien? AWESOME TIME TO BE A HAB FAN!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad