TSN: Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Therrien top the NHL Awards ballot poll

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by void, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Sugar Domi

Sugar Domi Registered User

A certain proportion of coaches who couldn't vote for their own players have voted for Price being the top goalie in the east this season in a season where a lot of goalies have gotten injured and others have struggled in the east.

2. pine*

pine* Guest

Lol, keep trying to find excuses as to why coaches might have voted Price in as top goalie in the Eastern Conference. I find it hilarious to see people scrambling around in search of explanations.

[​IMG]

3. InglewoodJack

InglewoodJack Registered User

They mention Gallagher "narrowly" beating Huberdeau, while they don't mention anything of the like for Price. Seems he won this one handedly, not through some elaborate scheme of second place votes and a Budaj-less ballot.

4. Hope Of Glory

Hope Of Glory Registered User

Wow, we seriously got 4 guys on that list? Really? How come Bergevin let that pass! We should have all ten on this list or else we obivously suck. That Price dude don't even have the Hart given to him and some people still call him a good goalie :shakehead

On a more serious note, it's nice to get some recognition. But what our team does during the regular season holds very little importance compared to what we'll do in the playoffs. Still a lot of hockey to be played, hopefully.

5. InglewoodJack

Is this maybe not at all about Price, and more and more about you being emotionally invested in this whole goalie deabte that's been going on for like 8 years now?

6. WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings #1 Centre

K. So what you are saying is Price hasn't struggled in the East? I mean, if he did, then he would not have been voted for.

Your argument is flawed.

I can't vote for Lundqvist. Why am I not voting for Rask, Reimer, Fleury, Vokoun, Brodeur, Nabokov, Pavelec, Anderson, Bishop, Lehner etc. etc.

If Price isn't that good then he's not going to get the vote and someone else is going to.

7. Saundies

Saundies Fly On The Wall

Nice to see the Habs FINALLY getting recognize throughout the conference (I would say league if we played the West at all this year) with 4 wins. If Ottawa makes the playoffs, I don't see Therrien beating MacLean and I don't see Price beating many goalies in the West with his play this year. Our best shots realistically are Subban (I personally think he's a lock, despite many calls for Suter due to his "minutes") and Gallagher.

8. LeoHabs*

LeoHabs* Guest

Not Price

I agree that Gallagher, Subban, and Therrien deserve the Calder, Norris and Adams. But in no way has Price had a Vezina winning season.:shakehead

9. Sugar Domi

Why do people insist on reading my thoughts? I have not shared my opinion on this yet. I have not derived any conclusions from the poll. All I did was correct other people's false conclusions after seeing the results of the poll. I'm a bit anal about people saying wrong things.

If you want my opinion I think one only has to go to the main NHL board to see what other fans think of the results of this poll in regards with Price. No one understands it, and 75% of all comments are about how they don't get the Price pick and I don't either. I'm trying to make sense of it because it doesn't make sense to me. I think it's normal to try to find the explanation for something you don't understand.

Also it's very nice to see Gallagher beating Huberdeau. I completely agree, he has been better on a better team.

Also nice to see Subban getting the love.

10. WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings #1 Centre

Reading your thoughts:

Originally Posted by E = CH²
    A certain proportion of coaches who couldn't vote for their own players have voted for Price being the top goalie in the east this season in a season where a lot of goalies have gotten injured and others have struggled in the east.

You can't have it both ways, man.

11. InglewoodJack

I'm sorry but I 100% do not buy that, and I'm half certain neither do you. You've offered more than one reason about why it's simply unfathomable that Price can't be the consensus best goalie in the league among 12 coaches. It isn't even a big sample, but it seems like you're trying your hardest to disparage this for whatever reason.

75% of the comments is a huge exaggeration. Plenty of commentary about the Calder, actually. Also, it seems as though a lot of fans from other markets seem to be more accepting that Price may just be among the top of the east this year.

Just. Give. It. Up.

12. Sugar Domi

Uh ? that sentence you quoted is basically just a description of the voting for the vezina in the east. It's not really my opinion. Don't need to go to the end of the world to see my actual opinion, I posted it up there. I don't get the results of this poll in regards with Price, it's very shocking to me. Is it not shocking to you ? I bet if I had asked you, never in a million years you would have thought Price would have ended up first for this. If you're honest you will admit it.

13. WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings #1 Centre

I don't think he's having a Vezina worthy season. But your logic that if Price is the default choice because of injuries and struggles this season, and teams can't vote for their own goalie, then you have to axe the Habs vote, then you'd also have to concede that Price didn't struggle as badly as the other struggling goalies, and that in any situation there is no more than 2 goalies in the East by each coach that has been better this season than Price.

14. Carey Cost*

Carey Cost* Guest

I don't get it usually East teams hate us...I'm sure the voters are trying to troll us make us think we are so good... Philadelphia, Boston, Rangers, Islanders, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Carolina (second thought Muller is there), Washington, Pittsburgh??? Are you gonna tell me those teams would truly vote for us? Thats 10 out of 14.

I'm sure they all had a great laugh when they wrote down Price

15. Sugar Domi

So in your opinion, Price has been the best goalie in the east this season and these results were entirely predictable and obvious ?

The writer of the article says : "You may be surprised to learn.. "

Were you not ? I was. I admit it. Shocked actually.

Even if only 2 coaches voted him as the best, I'm still surprised.

But here are some comments from people in that other thread :

And those were from the first 25 posts. 13 out of 25 posts about that. And around 3-4 out of the remaining 12 posts were habs fans defending the pick. Nearly the whole first page was about that.

Isn't it just a little bit surprising. It's ok you can admit it.

No. Now what ?

16. Habs

Habs Registered User

Me reading this article...

[​IMG]

17. Sugar Domi

It's not my logic. It's merely a depiction of the situation of the voting. You can decide to read whatever you want into it. But it wasn't an opinion in itself.

But since you seem adamant about wanting me to explain that comment so :

That's basically why I mentionned injuries, that and Ward.

And the reason I actually mentionned the struggles is because it put everyone more or less on the same level. Then it became a crap shoot, votes went a bit everywhere and Price ended up with more votes in a weird situation. Now I know you will say I'm trying to diminish his accomplishment. But I'm merely trying to explain something that made no sense to me.

I don't think my assumption is too far fetched or illogical. You may think otherwise, that's fine. There are other players concerned with this whole thing, so this is my last post about this I don't want to keep raining on the party, or pooping on the parade.. or wait what ?

18. Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy RIP Fugu

I would've defended the Price choice before the past two games... he mostly played great despite some bad games but after the past two there's no way he can be considered.

Still, it's nice to see that he's highly regarded by the coaches around the league. Gallagher is a good choice so is Subban. As great as MT has been I can't take him over Paul Maclean. What an insane job he's done in Ottawa.

19. DekeLikeYouMeanIt

DekeLikeYouMeanIt RIP

I hope people know that it is not a reflection of the award results at the end of the season, but a complementing yet relatively meaningless poll.

20. Em Ancien

Em Ancien Sexy 2nd Rounder

People here don't even give NHL coaches the benefit of the doubt. Oh HF, why you so silly? :laugh:

21. De Montreal

De Montreal help

This picture make me think there should have a ''Like this post'' device on Hfboards :laugh:

22. Wats

Wats Error 520

Habs coaches probably stuffed the ballot.

23. MsChanandlerBong

MsChanandlerBong The Chan-Chan Man

Pleks for Selke nomination! :hockey:

24. Clumsyhab

Clumsyhab Registered User

Where is Rory Fitzpatrick?

25. MasterDecoy

MasterDecoy Who took my beer?

what, no hart? Bergevin dropped the ball again :shakehead