TSN: Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Therrien top the NHL Awards ballot poll

void

Jan 5, 2006
25 coaches were polled.

The most closely-contested Eastern Conference voting battle was for Rookie of the Year. Montreal's Brendan Gallagher narrowly edged Florida's Jonathan Huberdeau for top Calder consideration in what amounted to an incredibly tight two-man race.

You may be surprised to learn Montreal's Carey Price, who's had a horrendous three-game stretch in the last week, topped the survey, which was conducted after he was lit up by Toronto on Saturday but before he was torched by Philadelphia on Monday night. Boston's Tuukka Rask and New York Ranger Henrik Lundquist were second and third behind Price.

Montreal's P.K. Subban was the clear No. 1 choice as the Eastern Conference's top defenceman, ahead of both Boston's Zdeno Chara and Pittsburgh's Kris Letang. And it was no contest in Selke Trophy balloting for top defensive forward - Boston's Patrice Bergeron won in a landslide with no other player getting any appreciable level of support.

Montreal coach Michel Therrien was chosen No. 1 by his Eastern Conference peers, ahead of both Ottawa's Paul MacLean and Toronto's Randy Carlyle at Nos. 2 and 3.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420953

Last edited:

Sports1131

Oct 24, 2004
He hasn't been terrible (aside from the last couple of games) like some people are saying but in no way does he deserve the Vezina this year. His numbers are near the bottom of the league and that's with his team outplaying the opposition for most games this year. There have been way too many times when the opposing goalie was superior.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
That's umpossible!!

I have it an good record by several posters on this very board that there are easily 10-14 better goalies than him. Must be the biased Toronto media. :sarcasm:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Price is not in the top 5 for the Vezina, no way. I am a big fan of his and I am being objectionable and unbiased. He is not having a Vezina season.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
He's the leading candidate in the EAST.
As voted by the coaches of the Eastern Conference.

Gallagher narrowly beat Huberdeau for Calder.
Subban 'won' the Norris
and Therrien 'won' the Jack adams

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
I love Price too and, of course, REALLY hope he finds his game, and soon! But, yeah, don't quite get this one. Has goaltending around the NHL this year been pretty bad?

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
He's the leading candidate in the EAST.
As voted by the coaches of the Eastern Conference.

Gallagher narrowly beat Huberdeau for Calder.
Subban 'won' the Norris
and Therrien 'won' the Jack adams

They're still all candidates...

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Even if this is only for East, still good to see many Habs recognized/nominated.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Holy **** you guys are unbelievable. Instead of being happy that most coaches in the East picked our players as the winners.. "but it was only the coaches..." "...but it's only for the East"... but but but

****ing hell

pine*

Wow they really have no hockey knowledge. Who hired them anyways? They should be fired.

#BudajForVezina

JesusBouillon

Jan 29, 2009
Realistically Price has no shot at the Vezina, and I'm admittedly a fanboy.

The other 3 have legit shots though.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
They're still all candidates...

Holy **** you guys are unbelievable. Instead of being happy that most coaches in the East picked our players as the winners.. "but it was only the coaches..." "...but it's only for the East"... but but but

****ing hell

Debate wise, kinda makes a big difference if you say he was voted best in the EAST or best in the LEAGUE.

Besides, that's how it was done... So they (and I) are just pointing out facts.

Anyway.. Besides Price, not surprised with the other candidates being voted as the winners.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Reading the main board.

20634486.gif

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
And that's from all but two of the Eastern conference's head coaches. You know, the guys who generally know the players better than journalists, analysts, and fans. Price may not be having his best season, but he's coveted among just about every team. Subban was a no-brainer, Gallagher and Huberdeau were no brainers (nice to see Gally get it from the coaches though), and Therrien is a no brainer.

Awesome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad