Price not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Someone had to show these clowns in toronto whats up. Carey made them look like fools and now they got they ears flat and their tails between their legs. "the interference happened but the goal was going to go in anyway" biggest load of crap ever. good way to encourage running the goalie every play, well sorry Pricer got cups to win, if the pissants in toronto cant regulate hell do it himself.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I mean realistically, why would this be a suspension? An in-game penalty and/or misconduct I would understand, but why a suspension?

Well, suspensions are a lot about optics, and the optics of a goalie doing what price did are really bad. I was expecting a fine to be honest. Acknowledge that it was clearly not acceptable, but don't affect the Canadians' in the standings in any way.

Truth is he should have been ejected from the game, and that would have been enough. I guess they decided they can't punish a player for the ref making an incorrect call, hence no fine.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Worst I ever got for going ham with my blocker was a game misconduct.

People comparing blocker punches to two handers aren't being very credible here.

Both are tools for the game that can also be used as weapons. In this case it was.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Habs fans don't be surprised if Price actually gets run over next game vs NJ, he has it coming now. Stupid decision by the NHL, when they let things like this go that's when the players feel the need to police the game themselves. Next game should be pretty interesting. If Price or a habs player gets hurt in a scrum in the next matchup, the league is to blame.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Definitely should have been suspended.

Price, the most heavily padded player on the ice, gets slightly bumped a little (because his own player shoves KP) and then takes multiple jabs with the hard end of his blocker to a player lying face down on the ice. That's about as cowardly as it gets.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I mean many Habs fans wanted charges to a player for a hit gone unfortunately bad.

But this shouldn't be based on what fans want or the team someone plays for, this was a straight up dirty attack and he gets nothing.
Well, at least his victim got to beat him with a blocker for a while. I don't think anyone actually wanted Palmieri to be suspended though. Weird post...

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
Habs fans don't be surprised if Price actually gets run over next game vs NJ, he has it coming now. Stupid decision by the NHL, when they let things like this go that's when the players feel the need to police the game themselves. Next game should be pretty interesting. If Price or a habs player gets hurt in a scrum in the next matchup, the league is to blame.

I'm sure there will be a blood feud of epic proportions, those Devils are known to be.... Devilish.

Both are tools for the game that can also be used as weapons. In this case it was.

Almost every tool can be used as a weapon, doesn't make them equatable.

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Well, suspensions are a lot about optics, and the optics of a goalie doing what price did are really bad. I was expecting a fine to be honest. Acknowledge that it was clearly not acceptable, but don't affect the Canadians' in the standings in any way.

Truth is he should have been ejected from the game, and that would have been enough. I guess they decided they can't punish a player for the ref making an incorrect call, hence no fine.

I still can't believe the how bad the refs were on this play. Schneider clearly violated rule 27.6 (leaving the crease during an altercation) which is supposed to be an automatic 2 minute penalty (plus possible further discipline). I guess they wanted to ignore it for some reason.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
My opinion has not changed. Price did nothing suspension worthy. What he did was a penalty nothing more. Goalies sometimes snap when they're constantly being run into, and have no way to actually protect themselves. Refs do a horrible job of protecting the goaltenders to begin with so I have no issue with him taking matters into his own hands. People who think he could have seriously injured him are out to lunch, and even Palmieri had no issue with it. Punching a guy a few times in the back is much less dangerous than the constant cross checks guys take in front of the net. And for the "he attacked a defenceless player crowd", what do you think running the goalie over is? The goalies focused on the puck, not defending himself against a collision. Every time a goalie is run over he is in a "defenceless position".

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I'm honestly kind of stuck on this one. I hate the Habs and I hate their best players even more. But I also love the goaltending position and love the best goalies even more.

Love the whole 'figtht for your crease' mentality but **** me if Carey isn't a smug sob.

I'm torn here.

poor you

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I mean realistically, why would this be a suspension? An in-game penalty and/or misconduct I would understand, but why a suspension?

Because he violently and clearly intentionally tried to injure a player by directing force (via his blocker) at a players head.

In layman's terms, he's punching him in the d**m head while he's already on the ice.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

They had been running him all game and what he did stopped it for the rest of the game.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Montoya vs NJ next game. It will be on the road (I think), NJ isn't very strong offensively, and it will help cool down the situation.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
My opinion has not changed. Price did nothing suspension worthy. What he did was a penalty nothing more. Goalies sometimes snap when they're constantly being run into, and have no way to actually protect themselves. Refs do a horrible job of protecting the goaltenders to begin with so I have no issue with him taking matters into his own hands. People who think he could have seriously injured him are out to lunch, and even Palmieri had no issue with it. Punching a guy a few times in the back is much less dangerous than the constant cross checks guys take in front of the net. And for the "he attacked a defenceless player crowd", what do you think running the goalie over is? The goalies focused on the puck, not defending himself against a collision. Every time a goalie is run over he is in a "defenceless position".

a well-thought out and unbiased, rational post finally

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

that's ok, habs have shaw, gallagher etc...wonderful crease-crashers. should be fun

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Blocker punches should be instant suspensions.

Price's explanation that he has to "stick up for himself" every once in a while is rich when Montreal has one of the biggest goaltender runners in the league [Gallagher]

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
Makes sense, given the fact that goalies in the past had not been suspended for doing exactly the same thing

Fv0ko.png

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Good. If you go at the goalie, you deserve to get your ass kicked.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Price is a little *****

Players take runs at him time and time again. He even got injured because on a similar play (Kreider)

At some point it's understandable that the guy would snap and that's exactly what happened. Not saying that i condone it but he just had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia