News Article: Price comes in high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We did not have a crappy team in 2014, it was good.
The roster had some good talent on it, but it played crappy hockey. We were bottom third across the board in all things not goaltending. We never should've made the playoffs that year. Price was incredible and we wound up with a 100 point season due to his efforts. To be honest, the goaltending clinic he put on that season was better than his 2015 year where he won every award under the sun. His numbers weren't as good but he was absolutely spectacular that year.

The roster should've been a lot better than it was but we played dump and chase, used DD as our number one, used Douglas Murray over Beaulieu etc...

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Price is MB's bread and butter. He'll resign him to close to what he wants and the team will be in cap hell unable to build a contender. I would love to see this team rebuild through the draft like we were promised but money is the most important thing to Molson so we'll see endless retools like we have for the past 20 years.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Price is MB's bread and butter. He'll resign him to close to what he wants and the team will be in cap hell unable to build a contender. I would love to see this team rebuild through the draft like we were promised but money is the most important thing to Molson so we'll see endless retools like we have for the past 20 years.
Still think Price's cap hit, is not going to be as high, as most think...

Somewhere around 8.5 to 9.0 as a cap hit............front loaded with 12M for a few seasons up front...

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Too early to say. I can tell you he wouldn't have two cups behind him if he was our goalie.

Stanley Cups are team accomplishments.

Murray contributed majorly to the team twice. Pittsburgh couldn't sniff the Cup after the one they won against Detroit, and a big part of it was their goaltending. Once they added Kessel and Murray proved to be a very good rookie goaltender, they added two Cups.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Just signed to an 8 year deal. Waiting for cap hit but 8 years to Price is not the best news in my book. I hope that he has some good playoff hockey in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad