Injury Report: Price/Carr/Flynn/Petry/DD/ Gilbert done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If only we had a prospect who needed ice time. Maybe one who waited for four years to get ice time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We were expected to be a contender in the East to start the year, made sense to hold onto Gilbert instead of trading him for nothing and then having to trade for a D if injuries hit or the young guys struggled.

The problem was Therrien just loved him too much and would rather play a veteran instead of giving guys like Pateryn and Tinordi a chance.

Looking at the return Patrick Sharp got, I think we could have included Gilbert in a deal to Chicago for Patrick Sharp. They had Rundblad start the year on the right side, for god's sake. :facepalm:

Beaulieu hurt as well, apparently not taking flight to Washington with team. Reports says Barley might be playing if Petry isn't back in lineup.

This is good for the tank.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The truth is Gilbert shouldn't have started the year here anyways. He should have been traded in the summer to make room for Pateryn and Tinordi to play more regularly.

We had him traded before training camp even broke if you recall.
Just waiting for the injuries to kick in on some other teams we said.

Can't fool us...
:biglaugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We had him traded before training camp even broke if you recall.
Just waiting for the injuries to kick in on some other teams we said.

Can't fool us...
:biglaugh:

We're in Darwin Awards territory. You can't beat self-inflicted robbery.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Showcasing Tom Gilbert??? Fine. Do it for a few weeks...but it's Tom freakin Gilbert. What you see is what you get for quite a few years. Reliable. Fine #5/#6 in a great team. Could help the 2nd pairing if his partner is great. Was that last year. And this year. And probably next year. They REALLY had to showcase him for 45 games? We lost Tinordi for 45 games of Gilbert showcasing that will finally amount to nothing. Yeah, he couldn't know we would have lost him last week. But he should have known that not giving Tinordi icetime was stupid especially when we started to figure out that this season was done and over with.

Fak man, we didn't LOSE 45 games of Tinordi, we GAINED 45 games with NO TINORDI in the lineup. He's brutal.

And even if the season is not over right now, it certainly was far from over when we dealt Tinordi. My beef with MB is not that he didn't deal Gilbert in order to promote the three youngsters to 6th/7th/8th (with Tinner being 8th). It was not dealing Tinordi last year or over the summer when he would have had more value.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Gilbert RD, Tinordi LD. I know Tinordi can play RD but if he's struggling at LD why put even more pressure on him. I think Gilbert sucks and still don't think anyone would want him at the deadline but no way should Tinordi have been playing RD over him this year before the season went into the crapper.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Gilbert RD, Tinordi LD. I know Tinordi can play RD but if he's struggling at LD why put even more pressure on him. I think Gilbert sucks and still don't think anyone would want him at the deadline but no way should Tinordi have been playing RD over him this year before the season went into the crapper.

I'm aware.. but the case is the same for Pateryn.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I don't understand the rage ***** some people have on for Gilbert.

He was a perfectly adequate defenceman for the Habs.

Definitely nothing special but I always thought he did his job respectably.

If Tinordi deserved icetime he would've gotten it.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
VA
Caps gave a 3rd for Weber. I doubt Gilbert would have fetched less than that. :(

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Is Price dead? What kind of injury takes this long to heal without surgery. It makes no sense.

Caps gave a 3rd for Weber. I doubt Gilbert woukd have a fetched less than that. :(

GMs think defensemen that can't get the puck out of their own zone, but are physical and tough, are great for the playoffs. Personally, I'd prefer to play in the other teams zone but they want "warriors."

It's funny how this is a copycat league, but teams fail to copy Chicago and how they've done it. They've won 3 cups in 6 years for crying out loud, and they didn't do it by grinding.

Last edited by a moderator:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Is Price dead? What kind of injury takes this long to heal without surgery. It makes no sense.
Has to be some more concern, but no way would Price been rushed back to this mess....if we had not imploded this year, maybe he would be ready by now?

GMs think defensemen that can't get the puck out of their own zone, but are physical and tough, are great for the playoffs. Personally, I'd prefer to play in the other teams zone but they want "warriors."

It's funny how this is a copycat league, but teams fail to copy Chicago and how they've done it. They've won 3 cups in 6 years for crying out loud, and they didn't do it by grinding.
they have a real coach...

Last edited by a moderator:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
they have a real coach...

So do Washington and SJ, yet they traded for bottom pairing defensemen who aren't very good. But they traded for them cause they're perceived as tough and physical. Too bad they can't make an exit pass.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
So we only have Fleischmann and Weise to move. For some reason it seems like the world is usually against us :laugh:

Smith-Pelly, Eller, Plekanec, Emelin could also be traded.

I'D say DD, but that's not happening. Bergevin doesn't want him gone, and no other team want him in.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The team has gone complete radio silence over Price's injury. Never seen anything like it.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

A torn mcl with no damage to any other ligaments or the meniscus in the knee could take anywher from 6 weeks to 6 months to heal (depending on severity of the tear), and would be best served healing without surgery.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Like others have said, I don't know why MB didn't trade Gilbert long ago, especially after Barberio made the team. He had no future with the Habs.

The only thing is that MB really did think the Habs were in a slump and would need him for a playoff run. :laugh: What a joke that is.

I'm so bitter about Bergevin's impotency this year.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I'm guessing but I think Gilbert was playing injured and finally decided on surgery. Remember Gorges played a long time with his knee injury.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm guessing but I think Gilbert was playing injured and finally decided on surgery. Remember Gorges played a long time with his knee injury.

Doubt it. He was terrible this year and likely won't get another contract offer from any team. This trade deadline was his only chance to play in the NHL/playoffs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad