Injury Report: Price/Carr/Flynn/Petry/DD/ Gilbert done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'd hold on to DSP. Has legit zero value. See what he can do under a new coach, value can't get any lower. That's what we should have done with Tinner too.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Captain Hindsight, yes indeed!

According to some here, we should have traded Gilbert earlier in the season when he was blocking shots and playing great PK, contributing to the TEAM - in order to promote Tinordi from 8th to 7th.

He was so great, he succeed in putting this team on his shoulders, and look where are we now because of him. We so needed Gilbert to have one of our worst seasons ever.

:facepalm:........I see captain hindsight is in the house...let it be known that any team that trades from now until trade deadline day have an incompetent GM for they should've all traded their assets the day the Leafs did in case of injury

:laugh: When you'll be able to tell me which OTHER team moved a younger d-man to play a vet that we were going to lose or let go in the upcoming summer, I'll tell you that you are right.

This is the ****ing year to be in evalution mode. BIG TIME. This should have been the year were Pateryn AND Tinordi should have gotten their share of icetime. Not Gilbert. Tell where's the hindsight in that? We've been eliminated for how many MONTHS now.

Bergevin has to find a way to make Emelin a target and make a hockey deal out of it.

I'd hold on to DSP. Has legit zero value. See what he can do under a new coach, value can't get any lower. That's what we should have done with Tinner too.

DSP is the perfect player for Therrien. If he's unable to work with him, he won't work anywhere. Get him out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Of course Gilbert is done for the year...right before he would be traded. What a disaster of a season. At this rate we'll finish in the bottom 3 and lose the lottery and draft 5th :laugh:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Bergevin has to find a way to make Emelin a target and make a hockey deal out of it.

Polak gets two seconds, Gudas offered two seconds. Emelin is vastly superior to both of them. With retention can't see us not getting a 2nd and a prospect or even a first. Problem is the NTC, which expires this summer.

DSP is the perfect player for Therrien. If he's unable to work with him, he won't work anywhere. Get him out.

He makes no money on top of having no value. No reason not to give him like 825k next year, give him a chance and waive him if it doesn't work out. Unless you can convince a guy like Chiarelli to take him for actual value.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
With Gilbert done for the season, it looks like Weise is going to be MB's golden boy..... Sad , Sad...

Where does Weise sit on the list of desireable rentals.
Do people still think we are getting a 2nd and a 3rd for him?

Of course Gilbert is done for the year...right before he would be traded. What a disaster of a season. At this rate we'll finish in the bottom 3 and lose the lottery and draft 5th :laugh:

No man we are destined to play .500 hockey now that the pressure is off. :help:
We will end up wirh something stupid like 88 pts...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Where does Weise sit on the list of desireable rentals.
Do people still think we are getting a 2nd and a 3rd for him?

Depends on who's available. I think he's firmly behind Ladd and Bodker, obviously. Then I think he's third or fourth. Hudler is below him because he's having a bad season and isn't a playoff performer. Vrbata MAY be ahead of him but is having a career worst year. He's firmly behind Stamkos/Staal/Eriksson if any of them get dealt, but it seems unlikely as their teams are in the mix to make the playoffs. Drouin may be ahead of him just due to draft position. Doan would be ahead of him if Phoenix were all out selling. I think Bodker will be traded simply because they can't get a deal done and he's too valuable to let walk over a first round exit. Doan on the other hand may not get enough value to warrant moving a career player for the franchise who's close to retirement. I think the thing that puts Weise over a lot of guys is he only makes 1 mil. Even cap starved teams can fit him by sending back any contract.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Nah, this team is destined to finish 8th to 10th, and Timmins will pass on the local guys which will be a total outrage for the media and we will never hear the end of it.

Both Dubois and Gauthier would TOTALLY be deserving to go at those spots. Especially Dubois. Timmins better not screw this pick up.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
:laugh: When you'll be able to tell me which OTHER team moved a younger d-man to play a vet that we were going to lose or let go in the upcoming summer, I'll tell you that you are right.

This is the ****ing year to be in evalution mode. BIG TIME. This should have been the year were Pateryn AND Tinordi should have gotten their share of icetime. Not Gilbert. Tell where's the hindsight in that? We've been eliminated for how many MONTHS now.

It's called showcasing.......if this happens after trade deadline, I'll eat crow and join the bashing. :)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It's called showcasing.......if this happens after trade deadline, I'll eat crow and join the bashing. :)

Showcasing Tom Gilbert??? Fine. Do it for a few weeks...but it's Tom freakin Gilbert. What you see is what you get for quite a few years. Reliable. Fine #5/#6 in a great team. Could help the 2nd pairing if his partner is great. Was that last year. And this year. And probably next year. They REALLY had to showcase him for 45 games? We lost Tinordi for 45 games of Gilbert showcasing that will finally amount to nothing. Yeah, he couldn't know we would have lost him last week. But he should have known that not giving Tinordi icetime was stupid especially when we started to figure out that this season was done and over with.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Nah, this team is destined to finish 8th to 10th, and Timmins will pass on the local guys which will be a total outrage for the media and we will never hear the end of it.

Both Dubois and Gauthier would TOTALLY be deserving to go at those spots. Especially Dubois. Timmins better not screw this pick up.

I know a lot of people are saying it, serious or not, but this team isn't very good and won't be going on any winning streaks. They can't score, defense sucks and goaltending sucks. They are going to be clobbered next week.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I know a lot of people are saying it, serious or not, but this team isn't very good and won't be going on any winning streaks. They can't score, defense sucks and goaltending sucks. They are going to be clobbered next week.

Yuo know that's what I think also. Anyway, let's not hijack this thread...and leave it for what it is. But you know my take on the subject.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
And the season just keeps getting better. Bravo Marc and company!!!!

Agreed but the problem is our GM doesn't have the balls to make a solid " hockey trade"

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
That's exactly what we should have done. Markov showed he was slowing down very early in the season. Now with the rumours of shopping Emelin at the end of the season, we have literally zero depth on the left side and Tinordi could have played. We got LITERALLY nothing for Tinordi, would have been zero harm in playing him the rest of the season then trading him in the off-season if MB still hates him.

You mean Jarred "healthy scratch" Tinordi ?

He's Ryan O'Byrne 2.0... actually, O'Byrne was able to have a few productive seasons.

It was a crap selection by the almighty Timmins.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
With Gilbert done for the season, it looks like Weise is going to be MB's golden boy..... Sad , Sad...

Yeah did you notice how quickly the flu bug hit him?
Gilbert's results must have come in just before game time?
SN didn't even have him seeing the doctor until today. :laugh:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

DSP played great in an offensive role, and then Therrien decided to demote him in the middle of a game (that he scored his 3rd goal in 2 games in) for no damn reason.

DSP can be a fine player if he was given the chance. He proved that before, but just isn't loved by Therrien like others are, so he has less of a shot.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The truth is Gilbert shouldn't have started the year here anyways. He should have been traded in the summer to make room for Pateryn and Tinordi to play more regularly.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
He was so great, he succeed in putting this team on his shoulders, and look where are we now because of him. We so needed Gilbert to have one of our worst seasons ever.

That is a cheap shot - really cheap but I guess that argument serves your purpose. The team's record with Gilbert out of the lineup was abysmal, perhaps the team would have had a shot if he had been in the lineup

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The truth is Gilbert shouldn't have started the year here anyways. He should have been traded in the summer to make room for Pateryn and Tinordi to play more regularly.

I get why they kept him, but he shouldn't have been anything more than a 6th to start the year, and then when Pateryn, Tinordi (and I guess Barberio too) got more comfortable, Gilbert should have been the 7th.

It's not like he was a PP threat who wasn't good defensively like Marc-André Bergeron. He just wasn't good at all.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

We were expected to be a contender in the East to start the year, made sense to hold onto Gilbert instead of trading him for nothing and then having to trade for a D if injuries hit or the young guys struggled.

The problem was Therrien just loved him too much and would rather play a veteran instead of giving guys like Pateryn and Tinordi a chance.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
That is a cheap shot - really cheap but I guess that argument serves your purpose. The team's record with Gilbert out of the lineup was abysmal, perhaps the team would have had a shot if he had been in the lineup

His "argument" was that Gilbert played so well. First, this isn't true. Gilbert had some tough moments too. And then, no matter how well he played, it changed what exactly? NOTHING. Oh yes...one thing. We traded Tinordi for nothing.

That's what happens when as an organzation, you are in between everything. You get...in-between results. Was Gilbert coming back? How was he leadership Wise? Do we hear how great he is in the room? BUt hey, Gilbert was good. Clearly enough in a losing season to hold onto him and get rid of 1 kid, and not play another kid. In a losing season. For a guy we most likely not going to come back. How that makes sense?

Last edited:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
His "argument" was that Gilbert played so well. First, this isn't true. Gilbert had some tough moments too. And then, no matter how well he played, it changed what exactly? NOTHING. Oh yes...one thing. We traded Tinordi for nothing.

Just because you say it isn't true doesn't make it a fact.

And what has Tinordi done - he was the mistake of the previous regime not the current one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
DSP played great in an offensive role, and then Therrien decided to demote him in the middle of a game (that he scored his 3rd goal in 2 games in) for no damn reason.

DSP can be a fine player if he was given the chance. He proved that before, but just isn't loved by Therrien like others are, so he has less of a shot.

The only player that has managed to survive the MT school of finishing is PK.
Even he was teetering on the brink until one fine playoff evening in Tampa Bay he raged against the machine (one of MT's lackey's) in front of millions of viewers. That moment defined PK as a Hab forever.
Unfortunately none of Therriens other favorites have the mental fortitude to fight back against this putz.
Not one of them has progressed under his watch.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Just because you say it isn't true doesn't make it a fact.

And what has Tinordi done - he was the mistake of the previous regime not the current one.

Well since "playing well" is often through the eye of each and everyone of us...yes. It's a fact. For me. Not because others have said it that's it's a fact. And surely not a fact for me. Then, What Tinordi has done is that yes..he's surely not a top 4 D. Surely a bad pick to begin with. Limited upside often makes limited results. But given him 40ish games to see what he could do was still plain stupid. No matter how he ends up. Especially for a guy who has done nothing as far as team result is concerned. And the same guy who would be gone in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad