Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Last minute?? Gilbert got injured more than 10 days before the trade deadline

The return we would get for Gilbert had we trade him now is probably terrible
We could probably get more for him at the deadline

To make room for a kid like Tinordi, we should have sent Gilbert elsewhere. Maybe you would just have gotten a 4th rounder....but that's still a pick. While we will probably now get....2 more years of Gilbert. Would people be surprised if he signs back?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

well there goes a draft pick.

I'm more pissed at Bergevin by the day. Do you ******* job, trade those useless bums before they get injured, tank properly and draft high! Damn man, how hard is that?

The guy is unable to land a decent top 6 player, fine, I can live with his ****** explanations and playstation metaphors.... but if you can't improve your team via trade, at least tank properly. He's just wasting years away at this point.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
I get what you're saying but Toronto is the only team that recently started to trade away some of their UFAs. Anyway, it's just bad luck and it sucks.

They finally have competent management.

Move the players out sooner. It helps with the tank and you protect your assets.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
To make room for a kid like Tinordi, we should have sent Gilbert elsewhere. Maybe you would just have gotten a 4th rounder....but that's still a pick. While we will probably now get....2 more years of Gilbert. Would people be surprised if he signs back?

Management is ****ing this team. Gilbert should have been traded to make room for Tinordi. It's so frustrating.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He doesn't have to.. but he could have started making trades.. like, say, I dunno, Toronto?

:facepalm:........I see captain hindsight is in the house...let it be known that any team that trades from now until trade deadline day have an incompetent GM for they should've all traded their assets the day the Leafs did in case of injury

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He doesn't have to.. but he could have started making trades.. like, say, I dunno, Toronto?

Lou has managed to close three deals in the past few weeks.

We're not suddenly asking about what Bergevin is doing, it's been a longstanding theme since the Price injury.

A week ago, several of us asked what was holding Bergevin back -- a deal made a week ago would have been just as effective as one made now, especially for a team going nowhere and having a few disposables on board, namely pending UFAs: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=113853909&highlight=#post113853909

Is Bergevin overvaluing his players as some have suggested? Or was he hypnotised by the belief that they might still be buyers if the team started showing signs of life? If the latter was still his position a week ago, he certainly should have made up his mind by now.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
:facepalm:........I see captain hindsight is in the house...let it be known that any team that trades from now until trade deadline day have an incompetent GM for they should've all traded their assets the day the Leafs did in case of injury

Captain Hindsight, yes indeed!

According to some here, we should have traded Gilbert earlier in the season when he was blocking shots and playing great PK, contributing to the TEAM - in order to promote Tinordi from 8th to 7th.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
They finally have competent management.

Move the players out sooner. It helps with the tank and you protect your assets.

They have literally done nothing but trade away roster players for cap dumps and draft picks. In no way does that mean their new management is competent. Their rebuild could go just as bad as Edmontons. Blowing up a team to that degree is very risky.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Reminds me of when we got ****ed out of a 2nd for Moen. Probably would have been a 2013 one too and we could have picked up a guy like Bowey, Bailey, Buchnevich, Hayden, Duclair, etc.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Captain Hindsight, yes indeed!

According to some here, we should have traded Gilbert earlier in the season when he was blocking shots and playing great PK, contributing to the TEAM - in order to promote Tinordi from 8th to 7th.

That's exactly what we should have done. Markov showed he was slowing down very early in the season. Now with the rumours of shopping Emelin at the end of the season, we have literally zero depth on the left side and Tinordi could have played. We got LITERALLY nothing for Tinordi, would have been zero harm in playing him the rest of the season then trading him in the off-season if MB still hates him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lmao the defenders ladies and gentleman.

Bergevin should have moved a pending UFA in Gilbert earlier to use a former first round pick and see what we bad.

He should have fired his horrific coach years ago but at least during the worst stretch in franchise history. Firing the coach doesn't work amirite Pittsburgh and Minnesota?

If goaltending was the issue he should have traded for an actual goalie or claimed khudobin for free.

He had years to fix the top 6 or retool or acquire draft picks or buy players.

The guy has sat on his hands the entire time and misses his window every time to do the right thing, if you believe the team is good or bad, on either side of the equation he has waited too long to do anything and as a result has done nothing and the only things he has done are lose trades from a position of desperation and weakness.

I don't need to have hindsight every time things blowup in our faces. Call me captain hindsight again when we get no value from pleks and Markov.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
With Gilbert done for the season, it looks like Weise is going to be MB's golden boy..... Sad , Sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad