Injury Report: Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Man, this place would be an absolute mess if we were losing while Price was injured. Luckily Budaj has played better than the opposing goalies we have faced. If Price is gone for a while, we're in major trouble. I'd like to know what happened with this injury. Did he get it in the Olympics? Did he get it just before? If he was injured. He shouldn't have played...but I would understand if he hid that. But if Babcock knew and still played him........I don't like that one bit.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Man, this place would be an absolute mess if we were losing while Price was injured. Luckily Budaj has played better than the opposing goalies we have faced. If Price is gone for a while, we're in major trouble. I'd like to know what happened with this injury. Did he get it in the Olympics? Did he get it just before? If he was injured. He shouldn't have played...but I would understand if he hid that. But if Babcock knew and still played him........I don't like that one bit.

From what I understand:

-Babcock said he didn't know about it
-Crosby said he knew about it during the Olympics but didn't think it was anything serious
-Reasonable speculation suggests it's something nagging that he's had all year, and which he aggravated at the Olympics and then again at practice

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

Seems like all the players knew, but maybe Babcock didnt. At the same time he did change from the 1 goalie all the way frame of mind to splitting the first 2 games. Really you can speculate whichever way you want and be able to reasonably justify it.
Personally, I think it has been lingering from the very start of the season, as he hurt his groin days before the first game against the leafs. Then he just tweaked it past the point of comfort after the olympics in that practice.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Price on IR per Habs Twitter..... that's not so good. Hopefully he's back soon.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
At least Budaj has been doing really well under Waite as a goalie coach. You can tell he's a lot more confident in his movements, his positioning is a lot better too But if he plays poorly for a game or two then people are going to be freaking out here saying that we're screwed and complaining about the Olympics.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Yup...
@JohnLuTSNMtl: #Habs advise that Price has been placed on injured reserve, retroactive to February 26.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Id rather Price be on IR and come back when healthy, than rush back and play injured.

Sucks he has to miss time, especially with how solid he's been. At least he'll be good to go if we make the playoffs. He played well with the injury, hopefully he'll be even better when he comes back.

With that said, im looking forward to seeing what Tokarski can do.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Price on IR....

This is gonna suck.

Retroactive IR, doesn't mean anything, he could be playing Wednesday.

But me thinks there's something fishy with the way he was "injured" in the first minute of the first practice with the team, is it an insurance thing? He didn't want to say he was injured while at the Olympics because then the Habs salary insurance wouldn't kick in?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
As long as he's back for the last 10 games or so, and the playoffs it's fine that he's healing.

If it's longer than that, they're done.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Even the 2 week break wasn't enough for Prust I guess.

We have tonnes of depth at forward right now so maybe they're giving him extra time to recover so he can be 100%. Recurring injuries suck and maybe they think it's better long term for Prust to come back just before the playoffs with complete rest and confidence. Prust on a full tank is awesome and he's been pretty drained.

hogtownhabsfan*

And this is why I wasn't that upset with PK warming the pressbox during the Olympics.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Is there any word about how Price's injury came about? Injury by Olympic Misadventure?

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
A big thank you to updating the OP. A huge help for those of us who don't want to scan the thread for updates. Much appreciated!

Also, I don't think anyone should be worried about Price. Trade deadline is tomorrow, and the team said it was never a big injury. I think it is just to open some roster space and maybe for cap reasons (unless he suffered a setback).

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'd like to think the organization is being extra-cautious with Price and Prust, with an eye towards having a healthy lineup for the post-season. I'd much rather rest Price completely and ensure he isn't hurting for the playoffs.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'd like to think the organization is being extra-cautious with Price and Prust, with an eye towards having a healthy lineup for the post-season. I'd much rather rest Price completely and ensure he isn't hurting for the playoffs.

I would also rather have Prust back when he's 100% healthy too. He hasn't looked the same since last year when he injured his shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad