Injury Report: Price Back on the Ice, Gorges with minor fracture to a hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Price was telling today that if it were playoff games he would play. Seems to me the team is extra cautious which is the right decision. Hopefully fans don't freak out when they see Budaj again tomorrow.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Price was telling today that if it were playoff games he would play. Seems to me the team is extra cautious which is the right decision. Hopefully fans don't freak out when they see Budaj again tomorrow.

Yeah I have no problem with that. I'm sure if they were fighting for the last playoff spot things might be a little different.

Plus it's not like they lose every game Budaj plays...

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I also thought it was a groin issue, but someone told me it was Price's knee. Any word on this?

Nope, I think I heard it on TSN, not positive but I can't see resting a knee but I don't really understand knee injuries. I'm 37 and my knees have just started to bug me a little bit this year and I wondered if it was from playing the butterfly style.

But I do know that in his 20 minute session with Waite yesterday, he didn't go down in the butterfly, technically it could be either groin or knee but I would think it you are resting your knee, you would completely rest it. But I would also think the same is true of the groin but I think you could rest your groin more easily by not making big movements than your knee.

But I'm totally speculating out of my ass.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Nope, I think I heard it on TSN, not positive but I can't see resting a knee but I don't really understand knee injuries. I'm 37 and my knees have just started to bug me a little bit this year and I wondered if it was from playing the butterfly style.

But I do know that in his 20 minute session with Waite yesterday, he didn't go down in the butterfly, technically it could be either groin or knee but I would think it you are resting your knee, you would completely rest it. But I would also think the same is true of the groin but I think you could rest your groin more easily by not making big movements than your knee.

He just got married, it's totally his groin!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Ducks and Sharks on the road are games that are likely losses with Price in net anyways. If he's not 100%, no point throwing him into this bombardment of 40+ shots against guaranteed.

daigohgoh

Apr 27, 2013

Groin or knee?! He played out of his mind in the Olympics. An injured Price wins gold?! (me thinks Luongo would've also had no trouble winning goal either.) Anyway, still worth it to send him to the Olympics.

Here's hoping for a full recovery! Montreal is looking strong and everyone needs to stand on their heads to win.

Godspeed Carey Price. "Red Light" Dubnyk cannot even be considered as a band aid solution in this critical time.

PricePkPatch*

Just heard on the radio. Gorges has a slight fracture in a hand and will miss a few games.

PricePkPatch*

Just heard on the radio that Gorges was diagnosed with a minor fracture, and will miss a few days.

And the other thread reached 1000 posts

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I knew Gorges would end up with something with that hand. That shot block looked horrificely painful, took a lit of courage to stand there, that's for sure.

Hopefully they call Beaulieu up and Tinordi plays with Subban on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad