NFL GDT: Preseason Week 2

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Are the Rams looking actually good?

On offense, pretty good. Really like the push they are getting from their OL when they're running the ball, and Cooper Kupp has been great. Goff has looked decent back there too.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think the only good thing about yesterday's game was Christian McCaffrey. No Kuechly or Cam, so it's hard to read too much into it, but that was not fun.

Also, I'm on the Titans bandwagon this year. I could see them winning 10+ games.

Sep 19, 2008
Watching Hard Knocks right now. Never seen a full season, usually the ADD kicks in and I quit after 2 episodes. This guy Gerald McCoy here, has a "ManCave" filled with Batman stuff. He talking about how he wants to be punched by a superhero and he is geeking out right now. It's great to see what these guys enjoy and some of them are nerds too! Robert McClain was drawing these Dragon Ball Z Goku things on his shoes.
Good show.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
It's a really good year, McCoy and Winston have great personalities, so does Joe Dirt.

Odd being a Falcon fan....and I kinda like Tampa and Carolina. And while I don't like the Saints, I think they have 4 Buckeyes now, so I can't hate them.

Sep 19, 2008
What struck me about Hard Knocks is that it's an open book into the workings of a football team. You rarely get a camera set up right in the locker room recording what happens. For the game before Cincinnati Jameis was tapping everyone on the back saying "Got your back". Then he went into this huge speech yelling while other players had their earphones on. It really was very interesting to watch. Not only that, but "Joe Dirt" talking ****. "They can't get past this line. Get that weak **** out of here." And of course the best is what they do in their free time. Folk and Fitzpatrick stranded on the boat :laugh:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Also, I'm on the Titans bandwagon this year. I could see them winning 10+ games.

I love what the Titans are building - a bruising style of football

How did Corey Davis look? I took that kid in the mock and regretted it because of all the injuries and his stock really slipping before the draft. But I've heard that he's overcome everything and is going to be just as predicted. Haven't heard anything else since camps started though.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I love what the Titans are building - a bruising style of football

How did Corey Davis look? I took that kid in the mock and regretted it because of all the injuries and his stock really slipping before the draft. But I've heard that he's overcome everything and is going to be just as predicted. Haven't heard anything else since camps started though.

Davis didn't play due to injury, but I didn't even notice his absence. Mariota was finding the open man every time. Their offensive line looked really good too.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Falcons force a 3 and out, take the ball 90 yards in about 40 seconds.

Damn it. I am buying them so hard and I have no idea how much of it is be being a homer.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't really care about the offense - I expect the Steelers to struggle without their big 3.

The defense looks brutal this game though.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Falcons force a 3 and out, take the ball 90 yards in about 40 seconds.

Damn it. I am buying them so hard and I have no idea how much of it is be being a homer.

Gonna come down to how good Tampa and Carolina are. They were 3-1 against them last year and went 11-5. If they go 1-3, they could drop to 9-7 with the first place schedule.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Josh Dobbs has been put into a tough spot this preseason - rookie QB and unlike the other rookies he's playing 1st string snaps vs starters. Also doesn't have his RB/WR.

He's been inconsistent, but overall I think he's played well. I really like how he keeps his eyes downfield when the pass rush is around him. Won't take long before he passes Landry Jones for the backup job.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Dobbs trying to challenge Winston for dumbest pass of the week.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the only good thing about yesterday's game was Christian McCaffrey. No Kuechly or Cam, so it's hard to read too much into it, but that was not fun.

Would have probably been a playoff team last year if Mariota didn't get hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad