NFL GDT: Preseason Week 2

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would have probably been a playoff team last year if Mariota didn't get hurt.

Probably not, they were on their way to losing when he got hurt and won their last game without him. But those two teams will be close again this year.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Dan Fouts has the be the worst sports broadcaster I've ever experienced. I mean, he was bad before, but this game tonight, he's astonishingly bad. I think he may be drunk.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Mike Nolan may be the best coaching hire of this offseason. Craig Robertson and AJ Klein both look amazing, playing downhill and sideline to sideline. These guys are everywhere.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just caught the Rams game and I thought Goff looked pretty decent. A lot of simple/easy plays for him but a year ago he wouldn't have even completed those.

Kupp looked good as well. He was getting open quite often throughout the game. During the draft I thought some people may have been overdoing it a bit when they kept praising his route running but maybe they were right.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Just caught the Rams game and I thought Goff looked pretty decent. A lot of simple/easy plays for him but a year ago he wouldn't have even completed those.

Kupp looked good as well. He was getting open quite often throughout the game. During the draft I thought some people may have been overdoing it a bit when they kept praising his route running but maybe they were right.

Kupp is very much like a Patriot type of receiver. Doesn't wow you with his measurables, but his route running is precise. And that can overcome physical traits, as those with amazing raw physical ability rely on that and may not put in the work to be a great route runner.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've been alerted that we had a game end 12-8 last night. Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. Currently taking suggestions on renaming our odd game scores weekly feature.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
After seeing the Jets-Lions game, I can confirm that the Jets will indeed be as bad as predicted.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gotta be pretty depressing for Cody Kessler

He went out and performed the best of any QB last year

Only for team/coach to never give him chance the following year and instead favoring Brock who failed miserably in Houston and was given away by Texans

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He's a good player, looks tough and smart from what I've seen. I'm not saying he's a superstar or anything but I think he would be a starter on many teams in the league.

He was solid, but unspectacular. Good as 4th linebacker on a great unit, but I'm not sure about his ability to sustain that type of play as a full-time starter. But he definitely learned from one of the best.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He is just severely limited because he has no arm strength in a city/division where you need to throw outdoors.

Same reason Osweiler will struggle. Well, one of the reasons.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Same old Giants OL on that first series.

Gruden says he'd like to see the ball thrown more accurately. Good luck with that with Osweiler at QB.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He is just severely limited because he has no arm strength in a city/division where you need to throw outdoors.

Same reason Osweiler will struggle. Well, one of the reasons.

He's also tiny and not athletic enough to make up for it. Kessler will stick around the league because he has a back up skillset. He doesn't have the physical talent to push a starter so he's safe and good for team chemistry.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Same old Giants OL on that first series.

Gruden says he'd like to see the ball thrown more accurately. Good luck with that with Osweiler at QB.

I'm shocked how physically weak the Giants O-line is. I've never seen a group get knocked back as often as they do.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Better pass rushing duo? Give me Everson Griffen and Danielle Hunter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad