GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Do you even understand what ‘recency bias’ is?

Dermott only played about what, 30 games last season? Sure, he played well in extremely sheltered minutes, but you really can’t call him an established player yet...
Dermott showed he can absolute dominate 3rd pairing competition.

He has shown far more at the NHL level than anyone else competing for that 3rd pairing slot and is certainly a lock at #3LD.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Don't think Carrick's going down, even if he stays up as a spare. That said, he has been outplayed by Ozhiganov, Rosen (and potentially Borgman).

Hopefully Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen do well tonight.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Wondering if Marincin can squeeze in that final 6th position.. Hoping Greening can find a spot too

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Dermott showed he can absolute dominate 3rd pairing competition.

He has shown far more at the NHL level than anyone else competing for that 3rd pairing slot and is certainly a lock at #3LD.

He has a promising career for sure... but to state that those that aren't convinced on the team are suffering from 'recency bias' is inaccurate., and unfair..

He got some of the most sheltered minutes you can get... I like Dermott as much as anyone here, but he was put in a really good situation last season... He performed well, but I wouldn't say that he is established yet.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Those saying Dermott should not get a spot are suffering from some serious recency bias. The difference in our team last season when he and Kappy were put into the line up is night and day. Both are very important to our line up, and a couple of off pre-season games is not going to change that. Carrick on the other hand should be worried.

agreed. Dermott was great last season. he played like 2 periods in the first pre-season game and now everyone is writing him off? He's a top 4 defender when healthy and will be a huge part of our team going forward.

Reactions: AppsSyl

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He has a promising career for sure... but to state that those that aren't convinced on the team are suffering from 'recency bias' is inaccurate., and unfair..

He got some of the most sheltered minutes you can get... I like Dermott as much as anyone here, but he was put in a really good situation last season... He performed well, but I wouldn't say that he is established yet.
Dermott had comparable minutes to Borgman, Carrick, and Polak and blew all of their performances out of the water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad