GDT: Preseason Hockey! Game #4 - Your New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers, 7 PM, MSG

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That is a concerning game for a couple reasons. You really shouldn't be able to play that poorly. I don't know if I want to see another game with any of those D men except Nemec.

Reactions: Nubmer6

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
No idea why Holtz was in front of the net, but I'm no coach so.

Usually Bratt and Hughes probably have those spots on lock unless they want drop down Bratt to PP2 but I doubt that makes sense either. Holtz in the bumper makes a lot of sense if he's not on the half boards.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Please cut.
7A313E0F-B057-422A-AE70-64CFBAB8D0AA.png

Reactions: Mgd31

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boqvist has been terrible this preseason and invisible, but this place really needs to top the reaction to ''Devils waive Alexander Urbom: Claimed by Washington Capitals'' stuff if he ends up waived while Johnsson or god for f***ing bid Geertsen are on the opening night roster.

That said, Johnsson wasn't terrible in some of these, but he's really not great either. He's more expendable to me than someone like Boqvist.

But Boqvist didn't really show all that much in probably the first half of games he played in the NHL (he was probably rushed and shouldn't have made the team in 19-20 out of camp), so maybe he just sucks like I thought he did up until about January/February of last season?

Still would be stupid to keep some of these jabroni's around.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That last period reminded me of last year's Devils👎
That whole game reminded me of the early rebuild years or the last year of Lou, where Cory stood on his head and we lost 2-1 or 1-0, while getting outshot like crazy.

It's to be expected with much of that lineup though.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Boqvist has been terrible this preseason and invisible, but this place really needs to top the reaction to ''Devils waive Alexander Urbom: Claimed by Washington Capitals'' stuff if he ends up waived while Johnsson or god for f***ing bid Geertsen are on the opening night roster.

That said, Johnsson wasn't terrible in some of these, but he's really not great either. He's more expendable to me than someone like Boqvist.

But Boqvist didn't really show all that much in probably the first half of games he played in the NHL (he was probably rushed and shouldn't have made the team in 19-20 out of camp), so maybe he just sucks like I thought he did up until about January/February of last season?

Still would be stupid to keep some of these jabroni's around.

Johnsson isn't bad, but he's reached a point for me personally where frustration just washes over my body when I hear his name. I can't help it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad