GDT: Preseason Hockey! Game #4 - Your New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers, 7 PM, MSG

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
FFB95BA4-7450-4D73-8EE5-D6E88E64757C.jpeg

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

This is...something...

Shara at center. Boqvist not being put in a good spot. Hickey getting top pairing with Severson. Johnsson being given a really good opportunity to earn a roster spot. Good opportunity for Nemec as well being paired with Graves - I like that the Graves/Severson and Hickey/Nemec pairs were split up. Okhotiuk and Walsh will also be interesting to watch.

Good that Blackwood seems to be feeling good enough to play, though having Daws/Schmid there shows he's not 100% confirmed for tonight.

Last edited:

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

This is...something...

Shara at center. Boqvist not being put in a good spot. Hickey getting top pairing with Severson. Johnsson being given a really good opportunity to earn a roster spot. Good opportunity for Nemec as well being paired with Graves - I like that the Graves/Severson and Hickey/Nemec pairs were split up. Okhotiuk and Walsh will also be interesting to watch.

Good that Blackwood seems to be feeling good enough to play, though having Daws/Schmid there shows he's not 100% confirmed for tonight.

1664552475850.png

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seeing as the "B" squad won 5-2 last night against Shestyerkin it will be interesting to see how the "play drivers" fare against a weaker Rangers lineup (albeit with Panarin and some of the better Rangers defensemen) and a backup goalie.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Ya, my first reaction to that lineup is that Boqvist being on a line with surefire AHLers doesn't seem like a good sign for his chances. Whereas Holtz being played with the Hughes line again seems like a great sign for his.

For Holtz, I think we can take it as a sign the coaches are happy with his progress.

They gave him an offseason list to work on and it appears he followed through; a good sign.

So he’s being given opportunities and he’s performing in them, which is good for everyone.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I can't believe they won last night...
Reminiscent of some of their better efforts last year; the wins over the Blues and Rangers immediately come to mind.

Now to see if they can stack back-to-back solid efforts.

That's been difficult the past few seasons and even with a backup goalie this Rangers team may be better with Miller, Schneider, and Trouba playing.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Boqvist needs to be the 2C between Sharangovich and Bratt. The fact that Johnsson is in the top6 and Boqvist is playing next to AHL garbage makes me think they are not gonna waive Johnsson..

I'd imagine it has more to do with evaluating players and figuratively throwing some of the younger players into the deep end.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I'd imagine it has more to do with evaluating players and figuratively throwing some of the younger players into the deep end.

Sure, but Boqvist isn't a third line grinder, he needs to play big minutes with skillful guys to succeed. Where as Johnsson does well in a more defensive role. I also don't like the idea of having a winger as our 2C even in a preseason game.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

This is...something...

Graves-Nemec should be good. better be to allow nemec to do his offensive thing

gonna be at the rock tonight - heard there are new food options!

Reactions: My3Sons

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019

This is...something...

I really hate that they got Boqvist on the 3rd line. Whats the point of playing Johnsson on the 2nd line? We already know he is garbage. We have seen him for 2 years already, he's not going to magically put it together in the 3rd year. He could score a hat trick tonight and I would still want him waived. Ruff has a hard on for him though. Why I got no clue. Let Boqvist be a center with Sharangovich and Bratt & I guarantee he looks great tonight.

Reactions: ninetyeight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad