GDT: Preseason GDT Pens vs Sabres 1900hrs EST: Happy Jake Day

Will Jake play game 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Harkins is in. No question after these two preseason games.

Final spot is White, Wagner, Hinostroza or Zohorna.

I'd go with Zohorna. I have a sneaking suspicion the Penguins might go with White.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Zahorna is not a NHL caliber player. White may be a fit at 4th center and they must think he is a fit there. They will have one of Hawkins, While or Austin as 4th line guys. My guess is Hawkins and White. Carter can't play center and this is a killer this year cap wise. Brought in Lars to play 3rd line center which to me is a good move.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Zahorna is not a NHL caliber player. White may be a fit at 4th center and they must think he is a fit there. They will have one of Hawkins, While or Austin as 4th line guys. My guess is Hawkins and White.
Noel Acciari is the fourth line center. White, if he makes the team, would play on the wing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
My opinion on the lines didn't change one bit today. The 3rd line should be O'Connor-Eller-Harkins with Zohorna as the 13th forward. Until Guentzel gets back, play O'Connor in the top-6 and have Zohorna-Eller-Harkins as the 3rd line.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
DOC has been getting better every season. Not sure why some are down on him. I expect him to continue to climb

I said over the off-season. I was looking forward to him and Poehling again. Obviously that's not going to happen but Doc's size and game should help this team. Especially if he continues to progress

Man going back and reading pages 2 -8 you would have thought the season ended before it started and we would never score a Powerplay goal.

Doc is going to be a solid contributor for us that can play up and down the lineup. It's nice for a change because he plays a heavy game.

EK and his passes are going to allow a lot of guys on the team scoring chances. Guy is a stud

Reactions: WickedWrister

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
LOL @ Bryan Rust. $6+ mil cash these past few years for token assists.
A face in desperate need of a punch:
20190215pdPenguins04-2-1551237176.jpg
could have left the pens 3 seasons ago and left them better off.
The cap space he takes up, and the prime ice time he squanders
PK, powerplay, top six five on five....yikes

Reactions: Pengu and Bowski

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
My opinion on the lines didn't change one bit today. The 3rd line should be O'Connor-Eller-Harkins with Zohorna as the 13th forward. Until Guentzel gets back, play O'Connor in the top-6 and have Zohorna-Eller-Harkins as the 3rd line.
Hinostranza as the 14th. Release White and Wagner. I'd rather have the contract spots and use anyone in WBS.

In fact, release all PTOs and waive Rudwedel while we're at it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Harkins is in. No question after these two preseason games.

Final spot is White, Wagner, Hinostroza or Zohorna.

I'd go with Zohorna. I have a sneaking suspicion the Penguins might go with White.
Why? Because he’s a Mike Sullivan player lol? Defensive conscience, speed and completely ineffective..

Reactions: Gurglesons

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
could have left the pens 3 seasons ago and left them better off.
The cap space he takes up, and the prime ice time he squanders
PK, powerplay, top six five on five....yikes
His suckage is truly endless, but often gets overlooked due to the common whipping boys.
Folks are often bringing up Guentzel trade/near-dump suggestions, depending on his performance.

Meanwhile, this near useless pustule skates around scot free.
"Oh Rusty? He'll turn it around eventually." When we're picking #1 overall?

Reactions: PaulD

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I sure hope Sportsnet Pgh gets more Commercials, so they don't play that (C)rap music commercial for Charlie Moore, Or I am going to go Elvis on my TV

Reactions: Gurglesons

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
His suckage is truly endless, but often gets overlooked due to the common whipping boys.
Folks are often bringing up Guentzel trade/near-dump suggestions, depending on his performance.

Meanwhile, this near useless pustule skates around scot free.
"Oh Rusty? He'll turn it around eventually." When we're picking #1 overall?
And Sullivan plays him like a Leon Draisaitl or Matt Tkachuk. 2nd in ice time tonight among forwards. (Malkin first) Many games Rust the superstar is first.
haha!

Last edited:
Reactions: canadianguy77

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Zone exits and puck management were awful a lot tonight.

DOC however solidified himself tonight very nice effort for him, Lots of goals, slick passes and great creativity. We just gotta be better in our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad