GDT: Preseason GDT Pens vs Sabres 1900hrs EST: Happy Jake Day

Will Jake play game 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Did you see Rust totally let his guy go by in the offensive zone? He didn’t even come close to moving his feet. He just stood still and did a fake body juke while his guy flew by him lol. If anyone under 24 does that, they’re likely benched for the rest of the game.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Since I posted the "they're losing 3-1 in a pre-season game, fold the franchise", they have a 6-1 score advantage.

I bet people here still find stuff to complain about with this game though.
You're right........they have nothing to improve or work on......bring on da hawks, lol.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Pets - EK looks pretty good.

Not as concerned with Eller as I was like, 2 weeks ago. Still appears to have some legs and smarts.

DOC may be the guy that allows us to spread our scoring across 3 lines.

Reactions: Ryder71 and PaulD

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Did you see Rust totally let his guy go by in the offensive zone? He didn’t even come close to moving his feet. He just stood still and did a fake body juke while his guy flew by him lol. If anyone under 24 does that, they’re likely benched for the rest of the game.
wrong player to care about. he’s a nothing

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I like what I saw tonight. Teams will get better, cleanup a bit as the season moves on. So getting a touchdown feels nice.

Buffalo is gonna be a scary team this year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think this is obvious, but O'Connor being legit would be a downright gamechanger for this team. His level of play in the pre-season has been downright dominant. If he, Eller and Harkins can continue their extremely strong pre-season, they have something cooking with that 3rd line.

Reactions: Jdodd

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Since I posted the "they're losing 3-1 in a pre-season game, fold the franchise", they have a 6-1 score advantage.

I bet people here still find stuff to complain about with this game though.

PP - if they can move and build off the goal great. If they revert back horrible

Line 2 - wanting more from them

White - I think he gets dropped or signed and sent down. Didn't notice him

Graves - Still working the system and not looking as good as I may have expected

PK - Stale like bread that's been left out for a week.

I give a lot of rope though into the regular season to solve and fix things.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
wrong player to care about. he’s a nothing
these guys haven’t played d in 3 years. in the thick of last year, rust and jake ran into
each other and didn’t pick themselves up off the ice until the puck was in the net. that was the 4th or third goal against their line that period. i thought “something has to change”. i was wrong. they’re exempt

Reactions: Gurglesons

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Thompson has the worst defense of any 1C and I don't think it's close

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Graves - Still working the system and not looking as good as I may have expected

On Graves, I think he and Letang may have issues as a pair because both seem like super athletic but low IQ defensemen. I think you need a calm and reliable DFD for Letang, and while Graves is a DFD he's more of an athletic and erratic DFD.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
LOL @ Bryan Rust. $6+ mil cash these past few years for token assists.
A face in desperate need of a punch:
20190215pdPenguins04-2-1551237176.jpg

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Pets - EK looks pretty good.

Not as concerned with Eller as I was like, 2 weeks ago. Still appears to have some legs and smarts.

DOC may be the guy that allows us to spread our scoring across 3 lines.
Eller can still skate ..I thought he was an old man and washed up.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad