Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #88: Caps @ Blooj | 4/23/18 | 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
You know I loved Lars risking an icing to ice the game proper. Willy decked Dublois and then Beagle sat on him. Here I was thinking Gersich would be a ringer but it turned out to be Chandler Bing Stephenson.

The cycle of being a caps fan continues to the script. f*** shits burgh.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Games 4 and 6 were the only games I thought Bobrovsky played really poorly. Capitals had to really earn their goals in the others, especially games 2 and 3. But Holtby was clearly the best of the three goalies that played in this series.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Is there another league Torts plans on playing a game 7?

So, credit where credit is due. Trotz and the coaching staff adjusted very well. Particularly on the penalty kill. The PK may just be the series MVP after game 2.

Need to work on the odd man rushes...we will get them against Pitt.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
We survived the Trotz Turtle and the hall monitors!

A lot of pushups tonight. See you ladies in a few days.

tumblr_lk82o89vSG1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Reactions: RandyHolt

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Huge effort by the guys. Holts is huge. His old self appearance saved this series for us. Bottom lines definitely were good with a timely goals. Gotta love Backys back breaking OT winner in game 5 and PK was a wall. Should have won this in less games tho.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Games 4 and 6 were the only games I thought Bobrovsky played really poorly. Capitals had to really earn their goals in the others, especially games 2 and 3. But Holtby was clearly the best of the three goalies that played in this series.
Bobrovsky didn't play well in game 6. I thought this was his worst game if the series.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Orpik was the man in the clutch..not saying anything other than those last couple of minutes he was physical and playing the right way..damn

He had a good series. Maybe very good and trended up to end the year too. It wont get much buzz but he rendered Vanek invisible and probably injured him. But Bus seemed a perfect matchup for him - of course Pitt won't be. Bus was big but they didn't use their size hardly at all. They should have slow dumped and crunched our D and parked Anderson out in front more. Maybe its just the physical play slowly vanishing from the game.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Roenick talking up Crysby wanting to play v Ovie. Although his team may have won the series, iirc Ovie has far outpaced the other guy in playoff points head-to-head.

Reactions: ovikovy817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad