Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #88: Caps @ Blooj | 4/23/18 | 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Here is an interesting stat for all the stats guys here. The Caps penalty killers only killed off 3 of 7 penalties with Grubauer in net for 42.9%.
With Holtby in net we killed off 17 out of 17. They say your best penalty killer is your goalie.

Holtby was the series MVP imo. He is playing playoff MVP mode, especially given how some goals were due to players hanging him out.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Here is an interesting stat for all the stats guys here. The Caps penalty killers only killed off 3 of 7 penalties with Grubauer in net for 42.9%.
With Holtby in net we killed off 17 out of 17. They say your best penalty killer is your goalie.
Fine..why trash gruby in a moment like this..he is a main reason we are here..what is your point? Nobody cares about this right now..we just won the series and u are trying to prove you are right..shut up

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ fan here.
Congrats guys.
Heck of a series. By far the most entertaining and nerve wracking opening round series across the board and it’s not even close. (Bias, maybe lol).
Really hope this starts up a little bit of a rivalry between us. I was elated to not play the Pens in the first round. Admittedly, I thought the Jackets would take it in 6 games or less after winning the first two. Your team was resilient and Trotz’s job safety has been heightened a bit. Ovechkin was clutch down the stretch and absolutely 100 percent predicted game 3 and 4 victories. I hate his celly’s but he is a tremendous, tremendous player and will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Holtby was a beauty. Played so so so clutch after taking over the controls from Gruby. It’s crushing to have the Jackets’ post season come to a crashing end so quickly, but soon enough we’ll finally win our first playoff series (comical).

One last thought...

Please, defeat the Pens.
I can speak for our fanbase (as 98 percent of us hate the Pens), we’re behind you guys.

All the best,
CBJSTH.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Many unsung hero's but Kuzy may be my series MVP. Holts gets a big mention but I think our forwards took out Panarin as much as he did. Our D collectively had an outstanding series a few gaffes from Orlov aside. Djoos was a MONSTER.

I wish a reporter would press Barry on specific adjustments, turning to Holts (sorry but, no brainer down 2-0), Beagle in healthy again, and Bura out so Chandler promoted (did he play on 2 at all in the RS)? Its tough to say Barry had a great series without knowing more details.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Many unsung hero's but Kuzy may be my series MVP. Holts gets a big mention but I think our forwards took out Panarin as much as he did. Our D collectively had an outstanding series a few gaffes from Orlov aside. Djoos was a MONSTER.

I wish a reporter would press Barry on specific adjustments, turning to Holts (sorry but, no brainer), Beagle in healthy again, and Bura out so Chandler promoted (did he play on 2 at all in the RS)? Its tough to say Barry had a great series without knowing more details.
Stephenson played on the 2nd line in a couple games. When Stephenson got called up he played in Backstroms spot in his first game this season in Vancouver. He scored a goal in that game.

Reactions: RandyHolt

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Fine..why trash gruby in a moment like this..he is a main reason we are here..what is your point? Nobody cares about this right now..we just won the series and u are trying to prove you are right..shut up

Its almost like he forgot why Grubi was the starter. Does 3 goals on 9 shots ring a bell?
Good on Holts for the bounce back though. :thumbu:

Reactions: calicapsfan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Holtby was the series MVP imo. He is playing playoff MVP mode, especially given how some goals were due to players hanging him out.

The goalie needs to be more than your best penalty killer. He has to be on his game every night or gets yanked! I am not joking. He was VERY solid coming off the bench and stole a game facing an onslaught in that game 5 3rd period. Had we lost that game, no one would blame him in that shooting gallery, but then we likely lose the series. Playing goalie is f***ing tough.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
We should care. Because if something happens to Holtby, Grubauer can't be trusted.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
CBJ fan here.
Congrats guys.
Heck of a series. By far the most entertaining and nerve wracking opening round series across the board and it’s not even close. (Bias, maybe lol).
Really hope this starts up a little bit of a rivalry between us. I was elated to not play the Pens in the first round. Admittedly, I thought the Jackets would take it in 6 games or less after winning the first two. Your team was resilient and Trotz’s job safety has been heightened a bit. Ovechkin was clutch down the stretch and absolutely 100 percent predicted game 3 and 4 victories. I hate his celly’s but he is a tremendous, tremendous player and will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Holtby was a beauty. Played so so so clutch after taking over the controls from Gruby. It’s crushing to have the Jackets’ post season come to a crashing end so quickly, but soon enough we’ll finally win our first playoff series (comical).

One last thought...

Please, defeat the Pens.
I can speak for our fanbase (as 98 percent of us hate the Pens), we’re behind you guys.

All the best,
CBJSTH.
Thanks. Nice to see a very respectful fan from an opposing team.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Whether you like trotz or hate trotz, he pushed all the right buttons this series and should be commended for it

Definitely, especially fixing the PK. And I'm not a Trotz fan.

As for MVP, it's got to be Ovie. He scored some clutch goals including 2 big ones in the elimination game and had a very productive series overall.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I've been one of Trotz's biggest critics.

He did a fantastic job this series. Coached circles around Torts near as I can tell.
What is amazing in athletics is the same in careers and life..several decisions can be monumental in the course and rest of your life..as a matter of fact a handful of decisions usually drives your life

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->