Post-Game Talk: Preseason Game #88: Caps @ Blooj | 4/23/18 | 7:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Great to see the non-turtle. Didnt go into hunker down mode, kept attacking when we had chances, and that mentality ended up being the margin of victory. Great leadership from Ovie tonight, and DSP with the GWG

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Stephenson played on the 2nd line in a couple games. When Stephenson got called up he played in Backstroms spot in his first game this season in Vancouver. He scored a goal in that game.

The best adjustments / moves by Barry: Holts coming in, Djoos in for JJ (and likely resting some after a long season), but Stepenson moving up to the 2nd line was the one off the radar.... except to you of course. I said it after a few games, he seems the type that can pinch hit on any line since he has good speed and good D. That is like 90% of what a player does. Puck on stick, maybe 10% of the time.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Seems like we are a harder team to play against with Stephenson in Bura’s spot. Not that i’m rooting for 65 to stay hurt. 18 just seems like more of a gamer. And faster.

Oh wait. Nevermind. Maybe he was actually in vrana’s spot?

Anyway, my point is, 18... me like. Has some swag too, to go with the speed.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Seems like we are a harder team to play against with Stephenson in Bura’s spot. Not that i’m rooting for 65 to stay hurt. 18 just seems like more of a gamer. And faster.

Oh wait. Nevermind. Maybe he was actually in vrana’s spot?

Anyway, my point is, 18... me like. Has some swag too, to go with the speed.
And actually responsible to boot! That’s a legit shutdown line that racks up points

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Before the series I said Caps in 6 (you can check it in the bracket thread lol) but I didn't expect to win in that fashion, after being down by 2 and 2 home L.

After watching the game this morning, I read the gdt, like I always do. It was fun.
Choker, not clutch, a mess, ... and he ends up with 2 goals.
6GP, 5 goals 3 assists, 8 points

points ranking 6th to 9th in the NHL => Carlson, Ovi, Kuzya and Nick.
9 points for the D and 8 points for the Fs
Big boys were there.

Bottom 6 also played well, the D was good, Holtby was very good.

-------------------
The refs did their best in that 3rd period to force a G7. And they were preparing us to the 2nd round against their dear Pens. :laugh:
You take that 3rd period by the refs and you X this by 100 and this is what you'll get in the 2nd round, in all periods of every game.
-----------------------

In 419:17 of this series (If I did my math correctly), CBJ only had the lead for 20:47.
And they had the lead only in G2 and G5. Never in G1, G3, G4 and G6.

btw: 60x7 = 420. So we (almost) played 7 games in 6.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
What strikes me about Stephenson and to an extent Djoos is Washington has young, fast, mobile rookies it can rely on in the playoffs. That’s been something of a difference maker for Tampa this year, and been a big factor in the Pens’ back-to-back Cup wins.

When Bura’s back, I really wouldnt object to something like:
8-92-43
18-19-77
65-20-25
10-83-13

That would give you speed and execution on every line, guys with a bit of grit on at least three lines, a legit shutdown line, and generally decent two-way game throughout.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
What strikes me about Stephenson and to an extent Djoos is Washington has young, fast, mobile rookies it can rely on in the playoffs. That’s been something of a difference maker for Tampa this year, and been a big factor in the Pens’ back-to-back Cup wins.

When Bura’s back, I really wouldnt object to something like:
8-92-43
18-19-77
65-20-25
10-83-13

That would give you speed and execution on every line, guys with a bit of grit on at least three lines, a legit shutdown line, and generally decent two-way game throughout.
When Bura's back Barry is relegating Vrana to the press box, guaranteed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad