GDT: Preseason Game 8: WINGS vs leafs 7:30 pm et (FSD+,NHLN)

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think Lindstrom has had his strongest game of the preseason tonight.

So glad Gi scored, he deserved it.

If that's true that is scary. Lindstrom was terrible he looked completely lost out there especially in his own zone. This game he reminded me so much of Brenden Smith, decent offensive instincts but not a clue how to defend.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Close! Smith vs Gaudet

When I was talking earlier about the quality of the lineups and how Smith was gonna be the only one worth watching, I pretty much hit it on the money. He had 2 huge hits (one on petan and one behind the net) and then had a really good fight. Ended up with a goal for his effort too. Svech had the best game of the bunch though and is really putting a push on for a roster spot. I dunno if he'll make opening night but hes making a case to be the first callup for sure.

Smith is helping his case for a call up as well this preseason. Hes always been tough and an agitator but hes starting to put the skill aspect together and be a player as well

I know it's a preseason shootout but how do you not let veleno & zadina shoot lol

Yeah not a fan of watching Terry in the shootout. Putting Zadina in and him scoring coulda been the spark he needed. But putting him in if he misses would hurt his confidence more. I woulda liked to see him shoot to try to get him going but Blashill knows more about what makes him tick than I do

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If that's true that is scary. Lindstrom was terrible he looked completely lost out there especially in his own zone. This game he reminded me so much of Brenden Smith, decent offensive instincts but not a clue how to defend.
I think after I posted that he had 2 bad giveaways :laugh: I saw him make a couple good plays on consecutive shifts and posted it, in the other games I only really noticed him making bad plays and nothing that really stood out.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Just watched it...
Svech was pretty good. Smith at times.
Rasmussen followed up a good game with a weak game.
Zadina... 19 minutes. Nothing to show. It's almost painful.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
So confusing. As I’ve mentioned previously, the craziest thing to me is that Zadina seems way worse than he did right out of the draft last year. At least then he had some strong flashes of skill. I remember his OT winner against Boston last year and thought, “Wow, guy’s the real deal.” This year it feels like he’s got absolutely nothing, just completely lost.

One’s gotta think someone is f***ing up majorly on the development side if he’s regressed this much in one season.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
So confusing. As I’ve mentioned previously, the craziest thing to me is that Zadina seems way worse than he did right out of the draft last year. At least then he had some strong flashes of skill. I remember his OT winner against Boston last year and thought, “Wow, guy’s the real deal.” This year it feels like he’s got absolutely nothing, just completely lost.

One’s gotta think someone is ****ing up majorly on the development side if he’s regressed this much in one season.

9 preseason games. Bust.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Not necessarily saying bust but it’s not exactly reassuring that he seems to be developing in a reverse direction.
From what I’ve seen I wouldn’t say reverse direction. He’s learning the pro game, for the most part he has improved and rounded out his game. I don’t think people would be anywhere near as down on him if he had buried just a few of the multitude of chances he has had.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Not necessarily saying bust but it’s not exactly reassuring that he seems to be developing in a reverse direction.

He looks like he needs to get stronger and learn patience and how to settle his game down a little bit. His skating/edgework, compete, vision, and offense (albiet, sights being off) doesn't look like regression to me. He's 19 soon to be 20.

I don't think Zadina will ever be an elite superstar future HHOF winger. I don't think he'll ever be on Patrick Kane's level... or even close to it. Maybe your expectations are too high?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad