GDT: Preseason Game 7: WINGS vs blues 7:00 pm et (NBCSN)

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Sweet, very sweet. Now watch Blash put Mantha on net front duty again when the season starts.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sweet, very sweet. Now watch Blash put Mantha on net front duty again when the season starts.

This set up started last year and had improvements from what we had seen from Mantha at net front. He won’t be relegated to that role.

Also, this rendition of the powerplay looks a lot more free flowing. The possession dictates who ends up where. I’ve seen Mantha end up net front, bumper, half wall, and point position. Larkin has moved, Bertuzzi bounces around.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Cholowski and Bowey have set the bar really high for anyone outside 17,65 and 22.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
This set up started last year and had improvements from what we had seen from Mantha at net front. He won’t be relegated to that role.

Also, this rendition of the powerplay looks a lot more free flowing. The possession dictates who ends up where. I’ve seen Mantha end up net front, bumper, half wall, and point position. Larkin has moved, Bertuzzi bounces around.

Wasn't aware of this change, I've seen Mantha on the half wall a few times but not consistently. But that's a good sign atleast.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Welcome to the U.P.. where we got the best of both worlds. We’re polite as Canadians are, but we get to live in America. Only jokes

And pasties. Although they have good pasties in Butte (think a bigger Houghton).

I miss living in the U.P sometimes., but work. I'm thinking about flying down to see Tech in January down in Tempe though.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Cholowski and Bowey have set the bar really high for anyone outside 17,65 and 22.
I'm with ya... I think those two should be the 3rd pair next Saturday, with Daley & Ericsson being the scratches... I think Bowey has his spot on lockdown but Cholo probably not

If we roll out:
DK-Hronek
Nemeth-Green
Cholo-Bowey

I'll be really excited

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Wasn't aware of this change, I've seen Mantha on the half wall a few times but not consistently. But that's a good sign atleast.

it became more prominent as the year went on, but with Rasmussen being up last year they actually had a big body who is best served at the net front. It became easy to make the change.

I think we will be in for a treat this year if the early signs are consistent. We move the puck fast, and move puck to spots on the ice that are dangerous. Even if we are a bad team, we should see improvements in certain areas, this being one of them.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Exact opposite imo. Goalie read the pass, Zadina did a good job to recognize that, and showed good hands switching the target to five hole.
I guess I'd have to see the replay again, streaming through Comcast online and doesn't allow rewind, I definitely saw him switching to 5 like you just didn't think got it right enough.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I guess I'd have to see the replay again, streaming through Comcast online and doesn't allow rewind, I definitely saw him switching to 5 like you just didn't think got it right enough.

I agree with Vladdy. Zadina made the read right, but imo the pass was in too tight and the five hole just wasn’t super accessible from the angle he was working at.

Reactions: Ezekial

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005

Yeah, i think you're pretty much right on. His hands only made it 90% of the way through the switch and the puck floated a bit.

But the slow-mo showed how early the goalie got there(no chance near side) and that Zadina made the switch deliberately, so a plus play for Zadina imo.

Reactions: Ezekial

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I feel like that goal by Mantha is one of his very best assets. I don’t know how long the list above him is, but Mantha has one of the deadliest transition wristers in hockey right now.

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
The Lindsay family in the house!
EFbfMvBXkAAjrh2

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Anthony Mantha's last 20 hockey games:

2018-19 season, final 8 games
8+7=15 points

2019 World Championships, 9 games
7+7 = 14 points