GDT: Preseason Game 7: WINGS vs blues 7:00 pm et (NBCSN)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This and Saturday should be the big lineups. Though maybe with all the games this is being treated as the big dress rehearsal. Should be good lineups on both sides.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I would expect a fairly NHL like roster tonight with a few bubble guys possibly mixed in. Wont be seeing any career NHLers the rest of the preseason, likely will only see Zadina, Veleno, Seider and Smith possibly of the young guys left

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Hirose and Rasmussen playing in their 6th game.
Veleno, Ehn and Zadina in their 5th.
Svech in 4th. Turgeon in 3rd.

On defense Cholowski will play in the D-leading fifth game. Saarijarvi making just his second start.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Totally geeked about this game! What a awesome event for such a small community. I talk to older people who still remember when the wings came to the Soo at the "Pullar" and all the great memories of Howe and all those great players. Sure to be a lot of great memories of tonight's game for all the lucky "yoopers" that get to attend tonight's game

Reactions: NervousPerson

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Welcome to the U.P.. where we got the best of both worlds. We’re polite as Canadians are, but we get to live in America. Only jokes

Mountain Dew left us yoopers off there map recently. Some people forget about us when they think of Michigan. They just think of the lower peninsula the "mitten"

banshee72

Jan 9, 2013
Being one of the 700 citizens of Calumet I can't tell you how amazing it is for our little town to host this preseason game. The whole week has been absolutely incredible. I was at a local bar Monday night and they brought the Stanley Cup in for Pictures. It was a surprise visit no one knew they were going to the bar. I guess it traveled around quite a bit that day as people have pictures with it at several locations in the area. Same bar tuesday night I met Kirk Maltby. Couldn't have been a classier guy. Very talkative with everyone and generally seemed to enjoy being there.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I went to Michigan Tech which is like 70% male and the joke was if you want to get laid you can go get a trashy girl in Calumet.

I have no idea how true that is but thought I would share.

Reactions: Konnan511

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I went to Michigan Tech which is like 70% male and the joke was if you want to get laid you can go get a trashy girl in Calumet.

I have no idea how true that is but thought I would share.
It was 17-1 guys to girls at MTU when I went there. The best place was to go to Finlandia University, nursing college for the win!

Worst part about my year at Tech, it was the 2004 strike. #@$#K#$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad