GDT: Preseason Game 6: WINGS at pens 7:00 pm et

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Hello y'all. Whom does play on y'alls first powerplay unit? Help would be appreciated. I treally need help sires and sirettes.

this year will probably feature Larkin, Mantha (lots of shots from the faceoff dot), Bertuzzi in a net front capacity, Hronek/Green on the blue line, the final spot is kind of open ended. Could be Athanasiou.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
this year will probably feature Larkin, Mantha (lots of shots from the faceoff dot), Bertuzzi in a net front capacity, Hronek/Green on the blue line, the final spot is kind of open ended. Could be Athanasiou.
Ok sire. Thanks and mucho deniro appreciated. Hope they do good. I thought it was going to be green, cause he's just better than hronek on the PP. Bertuzzi will kill everybody out there that's a bank.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Ok sire. Thanks and mucho deniro appreciated. Hope they do good. I thought it was going to be green, cause he's just better than hronek on the PP. Bertuzzi will kill everybody out there that's a bank.

I prefer Hronek on the powerplay over Green, but my guess is that it’s Green’s role as long as he’s healthy. They should be a pretty even split though

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I wonder how many, if any, cuts will be made after this game.

Elson should be one.

In fact, the only prospects worth keeping around at this point are Smith, Larsson, and the defensive guys. Maybe Kuffner, but nobody has really shown anything to warrant further consideration.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Oof.

I'll finally admit it: Daley is past his sell-by date. Him, Ericsson, and Crappiebaiter should not be long for this team.

Gator has actually looked like he has some life in him this season. Agree on the other two, but we may as well play them. Help us tank a bit and maybe Yzerman can voodoo someone into giving an asset up for one of them at the TDL.

Reactions: RedMenace

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Gator has actually looked like he has some life in him this season. Agree on the other two, but we may as well play them. Help us tank a bit and maybe Yzerman can voodoo someone into giving an asset up for one of them at the TDL.

Honestly, if it's going to be another one of "those" seasons, just let those two play out their contracts, because nobody in their acid-fueled mind would give anything of value.

I may be being a little harsh on Abby, but unless he shows some serious fire in the first couple of weeks, I'm going to write him off completely. :laugh:

At least that game wasn't as bad as it could have been; tomorrow is another day.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
when they choked and died on that last power play, that was pretty much the night for the Wings. Have to think some cuts are coming soon and we're going to start seeing a more regular lineup for the last few games.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Honestly, if it's going to be another one of "those" seasons, just let those two play out their contracts, because nobody in their acid-fueled mind would give anything of value.

I may be being a little harsh on Abby, but unless he shows some serious fire in the first couple of weeks, I'm going to write him off completely. :laugh:

At least that game wasn't as bad as it could have been; tomorrow is another day.

Gator's earned all the pessimism he gets after the past couple of seasons. He and Helm have both looked a good deal faster and more committed this pre-season.

and, yeah, I think it's going to be another one of "those" seasons. At least until some of the kids in GR start getting moved up.

Reactions: RedMenace

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
This one's a little tough to stomach imo. All that big talk about how strict the competition was going to be in the preseason, and we end up here a week later, where it's pretty clear that age and asset management will be the determining factors on who makes the 'big' club.

Can't wait to hear a bunch of journeymen and unproven mid 20ers bite their cheeks after each game, as they can't explain why the team isn't close to getting over .500, and how the team is doing a disservice to Larkin and the goalie by not matching their level, only for the plug to be pulled near the trade deadline, and we either say we're happy with a strong finish from fresh blood, or we're picking top 5.

I know that sounds like a great plan to a lot of our veteran posters, but it also sounds like a slightly upgraded spin on business as usual to me.

Reactions: Flowah and mantha39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad