GDT: Preseason Game 5: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Detroit Red Wings -- Final Countdown to the season!

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Horny made that entire play. Entire play. Stop being a ***** sid. Play with 72

A non-trivial matter on this team. IF Horny plays on the first and results are what they usually are when putting him with Sid and Jake, then Horny is absolutely worth his salary, and a genuine question mark on the team is off the board.

Again..... pre-season game against a weak opponent on paper. No conclusions to be made, really.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Like that them playing with it up top is costing them prime SH chances against in a PS game.
Now get your shit together all of yall including coaches.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
A non-trivial matter on this team. IF Horny plays on the first and results are what they usually are when putting him with Sid and Jake, then Horny is absolutely worth his salary, and a genuine question mark on the team is off the board.

Again..... pre-season game against a weak opponent on paper. No conclusions to be made, really.

Sullivan loves Hornqvist. There’s no chance he was ever going to be a permanent bottom six player.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He was bad before that but sure man

Which year the one he had 14 goals and 31 pts?
Of the one before he had 16 goals and 45pts?
Or the one he had 21 goals and 48pts?

Rask before last year would have been a great third line player. If they took Zar and JJ for him you take that and run. Worst case you move him to line four.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's preseason and all but I can't say I'm all that excited about the upcoming season after such a showing. Pretty unremarkable. Glad they have another week before the first game, they look as though they'll need it.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
It's preseason and all but I can't say I'm all that excited about the upcoming season after such a showing. Pretty unremarkable. Glad they have another week before the first game, they look as though they'll need it.

meh crosby didn't care at all. he only scored cause jake and horny made him. I would read much into this one.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++ Muzz: Thought Muzz was very solid. Getting left out to dry as usual by the defense.

+++ Rusty, Tanev, Horny: These were the only 3 I really liked all separately. At least they showed a pulse. Horny creates an entire goal for Sid/Jake and yet Sid never wants to play with him. Makes zero sense to me. Zero sense.

------ Letang, Geno, Sid: I am fine coasting in preseason, but don't even dress. It looked like they wanted nothing to do with playing hockey. And then you see that mindset bleed into Simon, ZAR, Bjugs, and others at times. It sucks to see. It's only preseason but this shit happens in regular season hockey, too. Hell it actually happened in the playoffs. :laugh:

It was just a preseason game. Oh well. Lots of stuff to not be content with, but that's preseason hockey.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Riikola looks like a guy skating on egg shells. There are glimpses of talent but seems like he's playing to not make huge mistakes. Once they were up at the end he was pushing the play.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Since they'll never do Horny with Sid, i think the next best thing to spread out the speed in Tanev/Rust is to put McCann up there with Sid and Jake. It's a very good line and they'll make it work.

Chucky and G need a puck retriever so cycle through Rust, Tanev, Horny(if he's goin' well).

If Bjugs remains atleast he'll get Tanev or Rust this way. He needs it.

Fine with starting out with the current 4th line that played tonight but i can tell i'm gonna hate ZAR on it soon.

McCann-Sid-Jake or Jake-Sid-McCann
Chucky-G-Rust/Horny
Tanev-Bjugs-Rust/Horny
ZAR-Blueger-Simon

Kahun sits in my opening lineup.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
++++ Muzz: Thought Muzz was very solid. Getting left out to dry as usual by the defense.

+++ Rusty, Tanev, Horny: These were the only 3 I really liked all separately. At least they showed a pulse. Horny creates an entire goal for Sid/Jake and yet Sid never wants to play with him. Makes zero sense to me. Zero sense.

------ Letang, Geno, Sid: I am fine coasting in preseason, but don't even dress. It looked like they wanted nothing to do with playing hockey. And then you see that mindset bleed into Simon, ZAR, Bjugs, and others at times. It sucks to see. It's only preseason but this **** happens in regular season hockey, too. Hell it actually happened in the playoffs. :laugh:

It was just a preseason game. Oh well. Lots of stuff to not be content with, but that's preseason hockey.

Some probably playing to not get injured.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Stop by to take a break from finishing up work here in the armpit of America in San Fran/Oakland and see that some of you guys already want to draw and quarter some of the young guys with exactly a month of preparation on this team.

Can’t wait until next Thursday!

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It's gonna be hype. Hope to see you there.

Hoping to be back in Pittsburgh by then and able to get a seat in the arena but work is dicking around and haven’t told us when we can come back from this hell hole.

Either way, I’ll either be at the game or lurking here watching some of you guys posting acting like a meteorite is about to kill us all.

Reactions: Khelandros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad