GDT: Preseason Game 2 - Devils at Islanders, 7PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I actually don't dislike him as much as Potvin, who really needs to have his microphone stripped from his possession or unplugged.

By the way, what did Asham tweet yesterday?

Eh Potvin will always hold a special spot in Devils lore for publicly calling the Kovalchuk trade :laugh:

As far as Asham, I guess it was in this /thread lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really don’t get the extreme negativity.

We were clearly the better team despite playing our B squad. Results don’t matter in preseason.

If we were getting bulldozed I could see a reason for concern, but that didn’t happen.

Reactions: Blender

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I love Asham in his brief spell with us.
I hated him.

Although he did perform worse with us than he did both before and after his stint with us.

I don’t remember much, outside of him being one of the worst players on the team that year. Rod Pelley played a lot of games for us that year, so he easily beat out Asham in suckage per 60. I don’t remember much about his time here, outside of him being useless, other than Brent Sutter and him having a spat in practice. Asham said something like “Whatever” and Sutter replied “Whatever is how you’ve been playing the last month” or something like that. TG reported that one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who the hell ever said that? John Madden was a special player. Rod pelley was a flaming pile of poo.
Unfortunately, Lou mentioned Pelley by name when he let Madden walk. I cringed a lot. That TG blog I was just talking about in reference to the Asham/Sutter spat, he had a blog up with those quotes, but they've all gone to HTML hell. I distinctly remember him saying something like ''We need to let young guys like Pelley play. John got that chance when we let Bobby Carpenter go''. People actually liked Pelley around here.

Fortunately, he was one terrible player that even Pete DeBoer knew was a plague and embarrassment to the NHL game.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Unfortunately, Lou mentioned Pelley by name when he let Madden walk. I cringed a lot. That TG blog I was just talking about in reference to the Asham/Sutter spat, he had a blog up with those quotes, but they've all gone to HTML hell. I distinctly remember him saying something like ''We need to let young guys like Pelley play. John got that chance when we let Bobby Carpenter go''. People actually liked Pelley around here.

Fortunately, he was one terrible player that even Pete DeBoer knew was a plague and embarrassment to the NHL game.
How the duck do you remember something like that? That’s 8 years ago. At minimum. Maybe 9 even.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I kind of remember that too, if only cause I've seen Bleed reference the Pelley quote from Lou before lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How the duck do you remember something like that? That’s 8 years ago. At minimum. Maybe 9 even.
Probably July of 2009, so over 9 years ago.

It actually stuck with me, just because of how cringy the comment was, because of how much I f***ing hated Rod Pelley as a player. It was such a gross comment, that I even revisited it years later for laughs and to reference it. So I’ve definitely seen it since 2009. Probably 2-3 years ago, or whenever the TG blog was last up. It stayed up for a while after he left, then they nuked it and all the archives less than a year later.

Its a Trap

Probably July of 2009, so over 9 years ago.

It actually stuck with me, just because of how cringy the comment was, because of how much I ****ing hated Rod Pelley as a player. It was such a gross comment, that I even revisited it years later for laughs and to reference it. So I’ve definitely seen it since 2009. Probably 2-3 years ago, or whenever the TG blog was last up. It stayed up for a while after he left, then they nuked it and all the archives less than a year later.
What a shame. We were so spoiled with TG.

Reactions: Bleedred

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
That Pelley thing bounced around Devils message boards a lot at the time. Of course he said it and then he went out and signed Rob Niedermayer during camp, so it was at least clear at that point that Pelley wasn't going to be put in that role. Of course, Niedermayer was terrible, but at least McAmmond wasn't.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You’re getting old.
Definitely

And after you've been alive so long, you start to accumulate more experiences and memories that happen, but your memory bank just doesn't increase in size, it stays the same. So you're left forgetting a lot of different things.

I really felt embarrassed last week when my friend, who is the same age, recalled a few things from our childhood, and I mean young childhood (5-7 years old) and I didn't remember, yet he does.

Its a Trap

Definitely

And after you've been alive so long, you start to accumulate more experiences and memories that happen, but your memory bank just doesn't increase in size, it stays the same. So you're left forgetting a lot of different things.

I really felt embarrassed last week when my friend, who is the same age, recalled a few things from our childhood, and I mean young childhood (5-7 years old) and I didn't remember, yet he does.
You were posting on here when I was 17/18. I’m 26 now. You’re definitely old :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad