GDT: Preseason Game 2 - Devils at Islanders, 7PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
It was pretty good 5-1-1, the guys actually competed last season and our young players were as advertised. It carried over to a great start of the season which is ultimately why we made the playoffs over Florida.

This season, outside of our top line, I'm scared. I don't think this is a playoff team and thats 100% on Shero. It's going to suck taking a step back this season.
I don't think that there's really anything you can take out of these games other than individual play. The only game where we even played half an NHL roster is the Rangers game. Most of the team that played against Montreal and NYI will not make it. There's honestly nothing to extract from this IMO.

I've heard that Zacha looked pretty good last night though? I was only able to follow along on twitter last night.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't think that there's really anything you can take out of these games other than individual play. The only game where we even played half an NHL roster is the Rangers game. Most of the team that played against Montreal and NYI will not make it. There's honestly nothing to extract from this IMO.

I've heard that Zacha looked pretty good last night though? I was only able to follow along on twitter last night.

PZ played well, a pair of minors though, one being closing his hand on the puck which freaked Butch out oddly.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The story of his career, looked great, no points...

Just looking at the 2015 draft sickens me. This team would be an annual playoff team if we could sub Zacha for almost anyone drafted after him.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I’m still pissed we didn’t nab Lawson Crouse, who was picked behind Zacha.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Butch was pretty brutal from what I saw on the NHLN replay.

He and Denis Potvin both badly need to be forced into commentary retirement.
Keep in mind he was involved in the concussion lawsuit against the league so there could be a very real reason he seems off. But whatever, the team needs to pick a date in the next few years at the Coliseum to retire HIS #91. On a related note also induct Aaron Asham into the team hall of fame as well after that Tweet yesterday.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Nico eases most of the heat that would be on Zacha.

So what does anyone hope to gain when it comes to whining about Zacha being picked? A referendum on Shero's process? The same one that's made us a playoff team and one of the better drafting clubs of late? No, you're just whining about something you can't change. And hell, I wanted Barzal too.

Deal with reality, which is that we have Nico and Zacha doesn't have to be anymore than a 2C. And by the way, we made the playoffs with him being a middle six center who barely scores. So an even marginal uptick in his play covers the drop-off from a few other guys.

Stories about guys like Scheifele, Couturier, etc. are not necessarily outliers - the tools and feedback these players get are far more sophisticated than they were five years ago, let alone the last fifteen. Dramatic improvement is not so out of reach for motivated, skilled players.

Reactions: Owenay and My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

They outplayed the Isles all night. Zacha looked very good.

Lots of penalties undid them.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Keep in mind he was involved in the concussion lawsuit against the league so there could be a very real reason he seems off. But whatever, the team needs to pick a date in the next few years at the Coliseum to retire HIS #91. On a related note also induct Aaron Asham into the team hall of fame as well after that Tweet yesterday.
I actually don't dislike him as much as Potvin, who really needs to have his microphone stripped from his possession or unplugged.

By the way, what did Asham tweet yesterday?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I actually don't dislike him as much as Potvin, who really needs to have his microphone stripped from his possession or unplugged.

By the way, what did Asham tweet yesterday?
Someone did a tweet asking for the proper pronunciation of pajama boy's last name and Asham replied "tray-toor".

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad