GDT: Preseason Game 2 - Devils at Islanders, 7PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You were posting on here when I was 17/18. I’m 26 now. You’re definitely old :laugh:
Yeah, I'm quite a bit older than 26, but I keep getting told I look pretty young (I don't look as young as people say I do, but I'll take the compliments), so I guess I can pretend I'm young?

My last girlfriend was close to 26 though! A little bit older. Subtle brag!:D

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We could have iced close to our NHL squad and be at worst 2-1, but what would be the point?

Plus player evaluation goes beyond just your starting 12. Preseason is a good chance for coaches to put their depth chart together beyond the guys they will carry. Hynes will want to know who should be the first call ups in case of injuries.

Plus it’s good experience for the kids even if they don’t make the team.

If we were getting smoked and looked just awful I would be concerned. We have looked fine in all the games despite the results so it isn’t a big deal.

I do hope we at least beat Bern though.

Reactions: Blender

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I love Asham in his brief spell with us.

I always remember this fight when thinking of his stint here, going to town on Cote.

I don’t remember much about his time here, outside of him being useless, other than Brent Sutter and him having a spat in practice. Asham said something like “Whatever” and Sutter replied “Whatever is how you’ve been playing the last month” or something like that. TG reported that one.

I remember this as well, back when Lou was here and this type of information to go public was almost unheard of, so you knew it was a bigger deal. This particular instance is yet another example of it being a damn shame that everything of TG's was wiped out because his posts had this story. This NY Post article is all there seems to be left that details it, but doesn't mention those specifics from TG's article.

https://nypost.com/2007/12/13/practice-fracas-fires-up-devs/

That Pelley thing bounced around Devils message boards a lot at the time. Of course he said it and then he went out and signed Rob Niedermayer during camp, so it was at least clear at that point that Pelley wasn't going to be put in that role. Of course, Niedermayer was terrible, but at least McAmmond wasn't.

McAmmond was great. Solid 4th liner. Niedermayer blech

The Glidermayer nickname. He was here close to 10 years ago and to this day and prior to him playing here, I can't recall another Devils player to have seemed so uninspired out on the ice on a nightly basis as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad