GDT: preseason game 1 at buffalo

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Ryan's one of those guys wayyyy too good for the AHL but he just doesn't seem to have it for the NHL and I think that shows when he's playing against mostly AHL'ers and prospects.

He scored at a 35 point pace last year? There's an awful lot of bottom 6ers in the league that weren't that productive. He definitely belongs in the NHL. Hell everybody's prized bottom 6 center in free agency this year was Bonino, and I can't see how Bonino is appreciably better (or better at all, really) than Ryan.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
There's a whole lot of confirmation bias attached to a 29-year-old NHL rookie, that's for sure.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If he scores 30 plus pts for us as a third line center for us in a successful season he's a killer find. He belongs on our team currently.

If he fails then everyone's right, but he deserves a shot after last year.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
He scored at a 35 point pace last year? There's an awful lot of bottom 6ers in the league that weren't that productive. He definitely belongs in the NHL. Hell everybody's prized bottom 6 center in free agency this year was Bonino, and I can't see how Bonino is appreciably better (or better at all, really) than Ryan.

Misleading on my part. I meant with how dominant he has been in the AHL compared to his NHL results. I think we can all agree Skinner is a pretty heavy influence on that point total as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad