GDT: Preseason G4: Blues @ Wild. 7pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: St. Louis Blues at Minnesota Wild
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT
Watch: Bally Sports North
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3; KFAN.com; Wild Radio Network; Wild NHL App

Minnesota is expected to ice a younger lineup on Wednesday when it aims to avenge a 6-2 loss to the Blues from 11 days prior.

Nico Sturm, Jordan Greenway, Dmitry Kulikov, Kyle Rau and Victor Rask. Andrew Hammond will serve as Kahkonen's backup.

Blues expected to play versus the Wild include Kyle Clifford, Tyler Bozak, Klim Kostin, Ivan Barbashev and James Neal, who had a hat trick in the first preseason meeting between the clubs two weeks ago.

One-time Wild farmhand Sam Anas is also expected to play, as is former University of Minnesota Duluth star Scott Perunovich, a native of Hibbing who won the Hobey Baker Award at UMD in 2020.
Wild Warmup: Minnesota vs. St. Louis

Lineups

Blues:
Barbashev-Bozak-Neal
Kostin-Brown-Anas
Walker-Alexandrov-Frolik
Clifford-Joshua-MacEachern

Walman-Bortuzzo
Mikkola-Perunovich
Rosen-Santini

Husso
Ellis

Wild:
players from this mess -->

44738016.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ori

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011

Interesting how Boldy isn't playing in the game for "roster hopefuls". Then again, he's already played in 3/3 of the preseason games so maybe they're giving the others a chance.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Interesting how Boldy isn't playing in the game for "roster hopefuls". Then again, he's already played in 3/3 of the preseason games so maybe they're giving the others a chance.

The could just be looking for how Beckman or Duhaime look next to Sturm so they can compare it to how Boldy has looked.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
So here's a Q - I was able to watch last game by logging into my parents TV account in MN and watched the game out of state. Will that still work in regular season? Or would I need the whole VPN thing? The quality was pretty good, but not up to NHL.tv last year, and I hope not as good as espn+

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So here's a Q - I was able to watch last game by logging into my parents TV account in MN and watched the game out of state. Will that still work in regular season? Or would I need the whole VPN thing? The quality was pretty good, but not up to NHL.tv last year, and I hope not as good as espn+

If it worked for the preseason game it should work for the regular season. That sounds like a local subscription thing, not a location where the log-in happens.

ESPN+ should work fine if you're out of the Wild market and no need for a VPN. I've watched/flipped though a couple out of market preseason games on ESPN+. It doesn't sound like you'll need a VPN for anything to watch the Wild games if you're in the US. Maybe the national broadcast games?

If you're out of market for tonight's game, try it though ESPN+ first. If it doesn't work you can login to your parents account and watch it that way.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ugly lineup tonight, at least I get to watch Rossi when I go to the game... hope Rask doesn't drag the line down...

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I would hate to have tickets for tonights game with this line-up.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Do they still make STH buy the preseason games as part of their packages? I always thought a bunch of my STH savings were eaten up by these trash preseason games.

Reactions: Wild11MN

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Do they still make STH buy the preseason games as part of their packages? I always thought a bunch of my STH savings were eaten up by these trash preseason games.

No, just an option to buy sooner for me atleast. I guess I don't know how all the different plans work.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No, just an option to buy sooner for me atleast. I guess I don't know how all the different plans work.

I haven't had ST for a few years now (I miss those seats). It wasn't even an option to not buy the preseason games then.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
As much as I want to like Boldy, he just hasn't had the tenacity a guy of his size and skill should have. He could be easily winning board battles and converting those battles into skilled plays but his preseason showings, he's been much of a passenger rather than driving the play.

Beckman on the other hand has some jump and while Boldy will probably develop into a better two-way player, I wouldn't hesitate to put Beckman across from Fiala today. I would however have my doubts with Boldy right now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Beckman belongs nowhere near an NHL roster right now. I don't think scoring two goals against AHL players doesn't change that. It's not like he was matched up against Tarasenko, Saad and Parayko. If he has two goals tonight against Binnington, Parayko, Krug or other NHLers, then we can talk.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
As much as I want to like Boldy, he just hasn't had the tenacity a guy of his size and skill should have. He could be easily winning board battles and converting those battles into skilled plays but his preseason showings, he's been much of a passenger rather than driving the play.

Beckman on the other hand has some jump and while Boldy will probably develop into a better two-way player, I wouldn't hesitate to put Beckman across from Fiala today. I would however have my doubts with Boldy right now.

Have you seen Beckman do anything besides shoot the puck? Win any board battles, make any passes, play any defense? I haven't, so I'm wondering if I missed something?

Reactions: AKL

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'd say Pitlick makes the team. And probably Rau, it's his turn to take the next step. Boldy and Rossi not NHL ready.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'd say Pitlick makes the team. And probably Rau, it's his turn to take the next step. Boldy and Rossi not NHL ready.

Pitlick cant be sent down, so the chances are good he makes the team. If Rau makes the team he will be the 13th forward.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Blues lineup from their GDT:
Barbashev-Bozak-Neal
Kostin-Brown-Anas
Walker-Alexandrov-Frolik

Walman-Bortuzzo
Mikkola-Perunovich
Rosen-Santini

Husso
Ellis

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Blues lineup from their GDT:
Barbashev-Bozak-Neal
Kostin-Brown-Anas
Walker-Alexandrov-Frolik

Walman-Bortuzzo
Mikkola-Perunovich
Rosen-Santini

Husso
Ellis

Well, looks like Beckman won't even have the chance to show what he's got against NHLers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad