GDT: Preseason: Flames @ Sharks. Erik Karlsson edition.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I'm not going to panic yet, it's still the preseason. This is the time for boneheaded mistakes to whip them into shape
My issue is i dont even see a semblance of a basic system. I know when the young guys play they are going hard, so i hope that's the difference.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Its just preseason...Its just preseason....Keep telling myself that, because yuck that period was really ugly, and I am just hoping its lazy preseason attitudes from the vets.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Besides enjoying EK being a zone-entry machine, it was nice seeing him put Sam Bennett on his ass.

Thornton and Burns need to hit the smelling salts. Dillon, please put your brain on "engage".

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
No need to panic on the 2-1s. that can be easily cleaned. Burns will be fine, he's playing half assed and won't in the real season.

The bigger issue is individuals. The hertl line is strong. The donkey line is strong. The 4th line is kinda nothing thus far. However, the Pavs-Kane-Jumbo line has maybe one moderate chance offensively and a half dozen good chances against, including the shorthanded goal. That line, with their 18M in cap space and "1st line" title needs to be a positive. Karlsson or not, they need that line to be effective. Personally, I'd like to see jumbo and Sorensen swap spots. Get a hardworking, quick player on the first line and get Jumbo back into game shape where he cant do any damage.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
No need to panic on the 2-1s. that can be easily cleaned. Burns will be fine, he's playing half assed and won't in the real season.

The bigger issue is individuals. The hertl line is strong. The donkey line is strong. The 4th line is kinda nothing thus far. However, the Pavs-Kane-Jumbo line has maybe one moderate chance offensively and a half dozen good chances against, including the shorthanded goal. That line, with their 18M in cap space and "1st line" title needs to be a positive. Karlsson or not, they need that line to be effective. Personally, I'd like to see jumbo and Sorensen swap spots. Get a hardworking, quick player on the first line and get Jumbo back into game shape where he cant do any damage.

Sorry, did you miss the first 60 games of the regular season last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad