GDT: Preseason: Flames @ Sharks. Erik Karlsson edition.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I found a flaw in your logic.

Evander Kane signed a 7 year deal. Joe Thornton will not be playing for 7 more years.

I genuinely believe Kane signed with San Jose because he finally felt accepted and comfortable as a person. I don't think his "ego" will be an issue regarding which line he plays on.

If all Kane cared about was playing with elite centers, then why commit long term?

So you're saying that he signed here knowing that he would outlast most of the other star-level players like Thornton and Pavelski, thereby paving the way for him to claim the mantle of star player by default.

What a self-serving move, only looking for a way to promote himself without working for it...

:sarcasm:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
This Kane hate is going overboard. If he continues to bring the physicality he does and produces just 50 points a year maybe he is making 1M more a year than he should. After joining us last year he has 14 points in 17 regular season games and then 5 points in 9 regular season games. Give the guy atleast a fair chance, alteast one full season, before deciding how bad of a contract he is.

He has not been anything but positive since he joined us and has done whatever has been asked on him.

They continue to bitch about him despite actual facts that prove he really isn't even over paid very much and he's been a model citizen... It's almost like theres some other reason that they hate him that has nothing to do with hockey or his contract...:skeptic:

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I’m just gonna dump this here for you Shark fans who might not have seen him pre Cooke:

It’s honestly fascinating to watch. He was 22 yo at the time and played on a COMPLETELY different level than any other player on the ice, both offensively and defensively, it was literaly man against boys but the other way around. Then the slice happened...

Last edited:
Reactions: NiWa

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Not hard to figure, chum. Jokes don't take paragraphs.

Unless it's Nem.

That's it, buddy. You just made the list.

EnemiesList.jpg

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I want to see Karlssons greatness on the Sharks, so ill reframe from watching prior clips and give him a clean slate.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
They continue to ***** about him despite actual facts that prove he really isn't even over paid very much and he's been a model citizen... It's almost like theres some other reason that they hate him that has nothing to do with hockey or his contract...:skeptic:
There is. At least in some people's cases. I got blocked for disagreeing with them regarding some of his supposed "personal issues", which the court cleared him of. But as far as they are concerned, he was guilty despite having zero proof and courts throwing the case out after reviewing video evidence

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It’s honestly fascinating to watch. He was 22 yo at the time and played on a COMPLETELY different level than any other player on the ice, both offensively and defensively, it was literaly man against boys but the other way around. Then the slice happened...

You'll have to forgive those of us that were here for Thornton's prime. Our standard of men vs boys domination is just skewed.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
[QUOTE="JoeThorntonsRooster, post: 150037181, member: 162591"

Let’s be real here; Kane signed in San Jose because nobody with a 0.001% chance at winning a Stanley Cup was offering him that kind of money.
Whether or not this is true, it probably is, it doesn't make what the original poseter said about him feeling accepted and wanting to be here any less true. Ya the Kane contract isn't great...we get it. Time to move on.[/QUOTE]

Of course that’s not true. @JoeThorntonsRooster likes to pretend he knows everything about everyone. He knows about Kane’s off season training, his contract negotiations, you name it.

So. Much. Conviction.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad