GDT: Preseason: Devils @ Flyers in East Jibit, PA

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We don't really have anyone good enough in this game to take the offensive initiative themselves.

The team has done ok. One thing that stands out to me is Baddock and Thomson are both very very slow. That line is giving me flashbacks of the Boulton - whoever - Janssen fourth line days.

It seems like a lot of the kids are realizing very quickly how much less time and space they have to make plays at the pro level.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Merrill getting beaten and outfought for a bunch of pucks today. I usually don't focus in on him, but have seen it a bunch of times now. Granted he's getting the schenn line or whatever, but he shouldn't be manhandled like that.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
The problem I have with Severson is that I think he should be owning this game and he's not. He may turn out to be a 3/4 defensemen. Won't be the wore thing, just leaves me feeling empty.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
The problem I have with Severson is that I think he should be owning this game and he's not. He may turn out to be a 3/4 defensemen. Won't be the wore thing, just leaves me feeling empty.

It's going to be his third year in the league. Go look up Chara's stats in his first three years. He has time.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014

Severson won't be even be 23 by the end of this season. I don't think it's really possible to tell anything so far except that he has a lot of a potential and still yet a rather large window to capitalize upon it.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Severson won't be even be 23 by the end of this season. I don't think it's really possible to tell anything so far except that he has a lot of a potential and still yet a rather large window to capitalize upon it.

He will get better with experience, but I doubt he's going to be that special player we saw in his first few months a couple of years ago.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Honestly most alarming player to me was Kinkaid. Scrambling around as usual. I really hope Wedgewood can take the job.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly most alarming player to me was Kinkaid. Scrambling around as usual. I really hope Wedgewood can take the job.

Scrambling sounds more like Wedgewood to me.

Flopping around all the time.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Scrambling sounds more like Wedgewood to me.

Flopping around all the time.

I'd rather have a goalie that flops around in the crease at least than one who constantly tries and fails to cut off the angle and has to dive to get back.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather have a goalie that flops around in the crease at least than one who constantly tries and fails to cut off the angle and has to dive to get back.

The problem is that the goalies that flop around these days, are not very good at the NHL level. Pavelec being the most famous example. And Wedgewood wasn't even good at the AHL level until last year. I think too many people are forgetting or wanna forget that he stunk prior to last season. Like he was literally one of the worst pro goaltenders in North America, that's not exaggeration either. I think last season the fact that he finally had a good season, probably saved him from us possibly not tendering him altogether this year.

And I'm not Kinkaid fan either, he was BAD last year. The problem is that Wedgewood was even worse in the prior years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: