GDT: Preseason: Devils @ Flyers in East Jibit, PA

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The idea that Severson would be able to replace what Larsson brought defensively was always ridiculous. He's just not as good as him defensively and never will be.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Who was that devil forward that put a backhand pass out toward his own goalie from the wall? That was freakin terrible...was that Speers?

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I've really liked Wood. His speed is going to be such an asset. He can get behind the d so fast and then get to work along the boards.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I go through this EVERY year! I pay extra for the MSG's out of market, yet they black out live telecasts of preseason games! WHY?! The first year I was here (2011) they did not black out the preseason games, ever since 2013 though, they're blacked out.

I can watch the replay at 11:30, that's not blacked out. :shakehead

I don't even understand why it's blacked out, I have no option to pay to watch this game, center ice doesn't have preseason games.

YES doesn't even black out Yankees spring training games.:rant:

I knew I should have taken that nap.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Guess Merrill will be the new flavor of unjustified hate this year.

He's just a below average NHL player and a bust...no hate. Josefson is the one who gets a ridiculous amount of hate. At least he has some tangible skills like PP and shootout ability.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Wood and Merrill look fine to me. Granted i've only been watching for about 15 minutes now, but it just looks like we're trying to push more offensively than usual over anyone being particularly bad defensively.

In fact, Merrill's already made a couple excellent plays in the time i've been watching.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
So I've read this thread for about 25 seconds and already see people complaining about Merrill, Severson, Quenneville and Speers.

It's just a bad game, Konecny and the Flyer's NHL regulars are imposing their will on our amateur players. Who cares, it's the pre-season. People just like to *****. Nothing to see here.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have family in Lehigh, 2 hours away from me. Leave Allentown and Lehigh and theres a whole lotta nothing.

If you go West, yes. That's the best thing about PA. You don't have to go far to get away from everything, but you still have all the convenience of a city.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00