Tim Kennedy
Brule
Lessio

?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This game is on NHLN tonight, by the way. Will be good to have televised coverage of a pre-season game for what I believe is the first time in the entire history of the franchise.

And yeah... it's down to...

Miele
Lessio
Brown
Domi
Brule

...for the final two open wing spots.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Miele
Lessio
Brown
Domi
Brule

Dat depth.

I'd be comfortable with any 2 from that list. What an improvement over the Gretzky years. I'd admittedly send Domi back to junior and Lessio down to romp through the AHL. That'd leave two kids who have paid their dues and a guy who has done everything asked of him to make the team.

No easy decisions to be had. I'd be tempted to throw together a package to trade for a clear upgrade.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Dat depth.

I'd be comfortable with any 2 from that list. What an improvement over the Gretzky years. I'd admittedly send Domi back to junior and Lessio down to romp through the AHL. That'd leave two kids who have paid their dues and a guy who has done everything asked of him to make the team.

No easy decisions to be had. I'd be tempted to throw together a package to trade for a clear upgrade.

What about Schwarz? Is he still around?

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
What about Schwarz? Is he still around?

No word of him being sent down by the team yet. He's exempt from waivers so he wouldn't show up on that list if he was cut. He practiced with the team yesterday, the three that were waived didn't so I imagine he's still there.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Szwarz is still on the team and still has a shot. Tippett spoke specifically about him in his Q&A video on the Yotes site. He called him a smart player who does everything right and complimented his work ethic.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
This game is on NHLN tonight, by the way. Will be good to have televised coverage of a pre-season game for what I believe is the first time in the entire history of the franchise.

Miele
Lessio
Brown
Domi
Brule

So happy this one's televised. Been too many months since I've seen our fellas (besides the split squad...). Really hope that firstrowsports has it.

Also looking forward to seeing which of these guys gets the spots. Gotta feel good and be happy for which ever ones stick as they've certainly earned it. Still kind of wish we had a better 2LW option though. I guess we always want more, haha.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Miele
Lessio
Brown
Domi
Brule

They could keep Domi up for the first 5-8 games and see how it goes. I kind of doubt it though, because Tip likes the Vets or guys with more experience. I think they keep Brule because of his versatility and Lessio, as he has looked good to me and done all the little things.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It's getting down to the wire boys and while it's exciting, (barring any miraculous overachievment) this team is going to fall short without another top six forward.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Damn tough competition..

Fingers crossed for Brule..

It's tough to choose who you want on the team.. really tough.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'd like to have Brule on the team again but history has shown more(at least what I remember have seen under Tippett anyway off the top of my head) that those who are offered a tryout are less likely to make the team or get cut from the organization. Remember Kyle Wellwood for example? Then again, Brule did play for this team in the past and that helps his chances but in the end it's all on the decision of management.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Around the FA period, I seem to recall either Tippet or GMDM talking about how Szwarz was an excellent PKer and might be able to replace Gordon. Does anybody remember that?

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Around the FA period, I seem to recall either Tippet or GMDM talking about how Szwarz was an excellent PKer and might be able to replace Gordon. Does anybody remember that?

So where do you put him? Third line center? I don't think so. 4th line wing? What's the point?

Szwarz doesn't fit into this lineup. We need a second line (or 1st line) winger and 4th line plugger.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Lineup tonight per Vest:

Boedker - Vermette - Moss
Domi - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Miele - Brule
Klinkhammer - Chipchura - Brown

Yandle - Morris
OEL - Rundblad
Schlemko - Stone

Greiss