GDT: Preseason 3a & 3b - Canes vs Cats & Bolts - Because why not

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I think for things that don't require precision, Ryobi is decent. My blower, pressure washer and hedge trimmer (until it died) all worked just fine. Things that require more precision (router, sander, jig saw), they are substandard IMO.
Dewalt , Ehco and Stihl. Snap on in the boxes. Dependability and comfort are key for me.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
How do you like the pole saw? I have the 24v 12” chainsaw and it kinda rules for my lightweight usage. I’ve been putting off doing my fence line and it’s getting pretty bad these days
Only used it once to trim branches near my roof, but it got the job done. Like a mini chainsaw on the end...not too heavy, but you've definitely got to be ready to "catch" it after it saws through. It may only be 8lbs but when it's extended like 10' and you're balanced on a ladder, it can definitely be a bit dangerous.

Reactions: raynman

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Only used it once to trim branches near my roof, but it got the job done. Like a mini chainsaw on the end...not too heavy, but you've definitely got to be ready to "catch" it after it saws through. It may only be 8lbs but when it's extended like 10' and you're balanced on a ladder, it can definitely be a bit dangerous.
Oh I hate ladders so that wouldn’t be too much of a problem haha

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
LOL so your whole issue is “A lot” vs “A couple”, holy f***ing semantics batman. At least you admit it happened.
:laugh: It appears that you don't know the definition of that word.

You admitted you painted with a broad brush by saying "this board" and then said "a lot" when it may be a tiny % at best. That's not semantics, that's you making stuff up so it appears that a large number of posters are white knighting Coghlan when in fact, the vast majority don't think much of him at all.

I get it, it's your schtick, but doesn't mean I can't point out how absurd it is.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Either I'm missing the joke (probably the case) or you miss understood what he asked.

Borsig and I clearly aren't apologists for Coghlan. My comment just a couple games ago was "Coghlan's play is the only threat to Coghlan" (ie..he's not good).

My comment to BLB a bit earlier was that he was an 8-9 that would be buried so no impact on our cap and the salary has no impact on the Canes this year (and Dundon pays it).

Reactions: cptjeff and geehaad

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Either I'm missing the joke (probably the case) or you miss understood what he asked.

Borsig and I clearly aren't apologists for Coghlan. My comment just a couple games ago was "Coghlan's play is the only threat to Coghlan" (ie..he's not good).

My comment to BLB a bit earlier was that he was an 8-9 that would be buried so no impact on our cap and the salary has no impact on the Canes this year (and Dundon pays it).
The first one… not a great joke but you two are probably the least likely to fit the parameters, and frankly I don’t think there’s anyone who does, just making fun of negan here all in good fun

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
:laugh: It appears that you don't know the definition of that word.

You admitted you painted with a broad brush by saying "this board" and then said "a lot" when it may be a tiny % at best. That's not semantics, that's you making stuff up so it appears that a large number of posters are white knighting Coghlan when in fact, the vast majority don't think much of him at all.

I get it, it's your schtick, but doesn't mean I can't point out how absurd it is.

I'm not sure that a discrepancy between the actual number of posters supporting Coghlan qualifies as "absurd".

What is absurd is that ANY are supporting him.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm not sure that a discrepancy between the actual number of posters supporting Coghlan qualifies as "absurd".

What is absurd is that ANY are supporting him.
So we've gone from:

"A relentless fixation on this board for this player"
to
"A Lot"
to
"A couple"
to
"Any"

those goal posts must be on wheels. :sarcasm:

At lease we agree that Coghlan shouldn't see playing time in Carolina.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
eh closest I've ever seen to someone apologizing for Coghlan is saying he may have some untapped potential offensively. Guy is clearly waiver fodder when the rest of the defensive group is:

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - TDA
Chatfield

he's probably below Jones in the pecking order as well at this point.

Coghlan is another quad A guy that won't be getting more than a handful of games this year baring a major pandemic hitting most of the team or something. No impact on our cap situation, which is why I was pissed off that Bear was qualified last year but couldn't give a f*** this year. He costs us nothing so I really don't care when he ends up not making our top 7, because he can go down to whatever AHL team we loan him to with no issues. Bear was different because even waiving the guy to send him down would have been over a million in cap hit, THAT was annoying.

I remember a few of us thinking he may have some untapped potential when we first acquired him but once we saw him on the ice that went away pretty quickly.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say something positive about him since the beginning of the last regular season l, to be honest :laugh:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If I weren't so attached to this username, I'd 100% change it and re-brand myself as a novelty account worshiping Coghlan like we all used to do with Anton.

At least Babchuk had his moment in the sun. Coghlan has done literally nothing noteworthy since we've acquired him. His claim to fame is either “lost his spot to a disgruntled CDH” or “Might be a 9th defenseman despite his previous year”

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I remember a few of us thinking he may have some untapped potential when we first acquired him but once we saw him on the ice that went away pretty quickly.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say something positive about him since the beginning of the last regular season l, to be honest :laugh:
Yeah, I was definately intrigued to see what he had to offer when he first came over. When he actually hit the ice, I think everyone realized why Vegas gave him to us for free even when they were already giving us a 30+G guy for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad