GDT: Preseason 3a & 3b - Canes vs Cats & Bolts - Because why not

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
h0f6pas019sz.png

While it may take a while for players to get their game legs going after the off-season, it's clear that fans "bitch and complain" legs didn't lose a step over the off-season.

They keep those active year round.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I didn't watch either game, but this Tweet appeared this morning and it was the least surprising thing I could have seen

I have no idea why that dude is still in our system. He sucks and we have even more depth now. In no way should he be sitting in the box ahead of Chatfield. In fact I worry about chatty sitting too much. Just waive his ass if no one wants him

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I have no idea why that dude is still in our system. He sucks and we have even more depth now. In no way should he be sitting in the box ahead of Chatfield. In fact I worry about chatty sitting too much. Just waive his ass if no one wants him
He’s our 9D and will likely be buried, I don’t see the issue

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We're paying him to be our 9th D and be buried. That's the issue.
Which is a non-issue. If he's buried, he doesn't count anything against the cap so it's no impact.

As for what he's getting paid in actual $$$, it's $850K which is meaningless as it pertains to creating a roster and Dundon's bottom line.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Ryobi is great stuff!

That's not my experience. Ryobi is mostly fine for being relatively inexpensive stuff, but it's not great by any means. I've had:

Cordless drill: underpowered and batteries died early on. This was back when it was a 12V though so haven't tried a newer one. I suspect the newer 18V are better.
18V Cordless trim router: Absolutely sucks and almost unusable. Really bad product. The balance is terrible on it. The router bit wanders over time. Just not well designed or built.
18V Cordless blower: Works fine and I like it.
40V Cordless Hedge Trimmer: Liked it and it worked well..for a year. Then it stopped working after 1 year of light use. Trying to get them to fix it under warranty now which has been a hassle.
18V Cordless Jig Saw: Average. It does the job for a quick or rough cut, but for anything with some precision, it's not very good. I reach for my corded Bosch way more. Even my 20 year old corded Dewalt is better.
Corded Random Orbital Sander: Below average. Not as bad as the Ridgid, but not good for any fine finishing. Never use it any more.
Gas Pressure washer: Works fine, no complaints. Honda engine had an issue where I had to rebuild the carburetor after just 1 season, but I don't put that on Ryobi.

I suspect the reciprocating saw that Lempo has will be fine as those are for rough work.

I don't think I'll buy another Ryobi. Just too much inconsistency in the products.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I really only need to keep me from climbing a ladder against a tree with a corded chainsaw. Again.
hah. At my farm this spring, a large tree broke 1/2 way up and was still attached, but dangling down across the driveway. Only way I could reach it was by jumping in the bucket of my tractor with my wife at the controls. She lifted me as high as the bucket would go and I cut the dangling tree with a chain saw. Not a fun task.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
hah. At my farm this spring, a large tree broke 1/2 way up and was still attached, but dangling down across the driveway. Only way I could reach it was by jumping in the bucket of my tractor with my wife at the controls. She lifted me as high as the bucket would go and I cut the dangling tree with a chain saw. Not a fun task.
That sounds like a safety video in the making

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad