GDT: Preseason – Sabres at Hurricanes – Fri Oct 3, 7:00PM ET – TV: None – Radio: 550-AM

ZeroPT*

Is it that obvious tht Enroth is the starter and MN is the backup? Have watched bu I looks like it. Feedback

No it's not obvious at all. Neuvirth literally hasn't been able to do much of anything on most goals he conceded.

I prefer Enroth but it's not guaranteed he's the starter

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
That sequence was Zads in a nutshell. Made a great breakup on the 2 on 1. Then cheated near the blueline and was toasted as they came in and scored.

ZeroPT*

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or serious

No I'm being serious. Tell me how it was his fault on any of the goals? 2 on 1? 2 snipes?
Even in the Toronto game, most goals were perfect shots. The bozak shot, the phaneuf shot, etc..

The team have played like garbage in front of him tonight. Defensive mistakes putting him on the spot. I'd like to see more from him but throwing him under the bus like that is premature

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
That sequence was Zads in a nutshell. Made a great breakup on the 2 on 1. Then cheated near the blueline and was toasted as they came in and scored.

The one big problem of being bigger and faster in Juniors is you can get away with that. In the NHL? Not so much.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No I'm being serious. Tell me how it was his fault on any of the goals? 2 on 1? 2 snipes?
Even in the Toronto game, most goals were perfect shots. The bozak shot, the phaneuf shot, etc..

The team have played like garbage in front of him tonight. Defensive mistakes putting him on the spot. I'd like to see more from him but throwing him under the bus like that is premature

Throwing him under the bus? I said Enroth is the likely starter when season opens. Hardly an earth shattering assertion given their respective play to date.

Wanting to argue over each goal is somewhat pointless and missing the bigger picture.

ZeroPT*

Yea, Enroth is starting the season :biglaugh:

Sheesh Neuvirth!

Throwing him under the bus? I said Enroth is the likely starter when season opens. Hardly an earth shattering assertion given their respective play to date.

Wanting to argue over each goal is somewhat pointless and missing the bigger picture.

Yeah, he's getting thrown under the bus. He's been held out to dry on most goals he conceded.

Either way, I don't think a few pre-season games should be the measermeant to determine the starter. Let both duke it out during the year and let one beat out the other. If it's Enroth so be it, if it's Neuvirth so be it. Judging off pre-season is as I said, premature.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
The one big problem of being bigger and faster in Juniors is you can get away with that. In the NHL? Not so much.

It's more his d-zone decision making isn't the greatest. Not sure what being big has to do with doing something dumb in that situation.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It's more his d-zone decision making isn't the greatest. Not sure what being big has to do with doing something dumb in that situation.

I think he is saying that he plays with more risk in junior because of his physical gifts give him such an advantage.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011

In that situation bigger did not play a role. My point was that if you are a better physical player (strength, speed, shot, etc...) it can cover up mental errors as the are recoverable in Jr and not the NHL. See McNabb, Brayden.

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
If typing an opinion of who I think will be the starting goaltender Oct. 9th is throwing the other goaltender under the bus... Then .... Beep beep. I never said anything about hating Neuvirth or saying he sucks etc...

Yikes.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Neuvirth hasn't been very good. And there is zero chance he's the starting goalie to start the season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
In that situation bigger did not play a role. My point was that if you are a better physical player (strength, speed, shot, etc...) if can cover up mental errors as the are recoverable in Jr and not the NHL. See McNabb, Brayden.

Well obviously.

My point is Zads needs work on his understanding of d-zone positioning and situational awareness. Its something he needs to focus on to be ready for the NHL IMO.

And in an ironic twist in light of the talk about his size. He seems to get beat to the outside more than you would think a guy his size would. He needs to take better advantage of his size and wingspan when defending. Its not a huge issue but its more of an issue than it should be. It happened on the one PP goal.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
You telling me you never heard this goal call before???

LOOL

I haven't heard that particular one. I remember when Forselund used to do national games. I think OLN/VS/NBCSN has wised up cause i haven't seen him call a game in a while.

"he scOOOOOres" drove me ****ing nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad