GDT: Preseason – Sabres at Hurricanes – Fri Oct 3, 7:00PM ET – TV: None – Radio: 550-AM

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Great crowd there 'Canes. :sarcasm:

Meh most buildings have empty seats in preseason games.

The problem in Carolina is the tickets are so cheap. 1/3rd of their upper bowl is literally $13. So even when they DO sellout, they aren't making enough money to be viable.

I'll be shocked if there is a team there in 10 years.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 11m11 minutes ago

So dumb, Peters didn't put anybody in the box for LaRose who had gotten tossed and it cost him. Had to wait for a whistle aft penalty ended

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
One thing I do like about the Canes feed is they keep saying Samson Reinhart.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Meh most buildings have empty seats in preseason games.

The problem in Carolina is the tickets are so cheap. 1/3rd of their upper bowl is literally $13. So even when they DO sellout, they aren't making enough money to be viable.

I'll be shocked if there is a team there in 10 years.

Yea, I'm just stirring the pot. I remember I went years ago when they were at the fairgrounds and only had about 7-10k fans.

Perhaps the Canes could move to a town more crazy about hockey. I heard New England is a hotbed. Something sounds wrong about the name New England Hurricanes. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Yea, I'm just stirring the pot. I remember I went years ago when they were at the fairgrounds and only had about 7-10k fans.

Perhaps the Canes could move to a town more crazy about hockey. I heard New England is a hotbed. Something sounds wrong about the name New England Hurricanes. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Heard there used to be a rather large whaling industry up there. Just a thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad