GDT: Preseason – Sabres at Hurricanes – Fri Oct 3, 7:00PM ET – TV: None – Radio: 550-AM

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I haven't heard that particular one. I remember when Forselund used to do national games. I think OLN/VS/NBCSN has wised up cause i haven't seen him call a game in a while.

"he scOOOOOres" drove me ****ing nuts.

oops totally wrong video LMAO

i was talking about this one

THATS HOCKEY BABY

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
This is a reassuring result. McEichel is still square in the target sights.
I know, right? Was anyone else a little bummed out about how good they looked the other night?

Seriously though, while this team will be much easier to watch than last year, they will have trouble scoring goals all year. The Ennis line should be dynamite, but that's about it. Girgs doesn't really generate offense yet and if Grigs makes the team, I would expect him to have an up and down year. Besides, if Stewart and/or Stafford begin to score at a contract year pace, TMGM will ship them out for picks.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
We were missing a few regulars and Carolina was icing most of theirs.

I wouldn't take much away from pre season. Their system certainly looks better but the talent isn't there and as a result their power play will likely be bottom 5 again which is a recipe for a top pick.

Anyways bring on 82 games.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
With any luck we'll have years of arguing whether Grigorenko or Reinhart is the best passer on the team.

CS: Grigorenko!
RP: Reinhart!
Poster X: Who cares? How can you even remember, anyway? Co***r Mc****d just goes end to end all game, so nobody needs to pass.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
That's a sick apple from Grigs.

Just knowing that the play was there is impressive, how many times have we seen a play like that where it would have just been tapped to Moulson for a bad angle shot with no traffic. I'm in a bubbly place for Grigs ATM. Also it's nice to hear both Canes fans were at the game today.

Having only seen highlights, Neuvirth looks hot steamy garbage, Hodgson looks pretty good, McCabe with a couple preseason goals with the **** it, pause, drag, flick it home.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
That's a sick apple from Grigs.

With any luck we'll have years of arguing whether Grigorenko or Reinhart is the best passer on the team.

The play by Grigorenko was a display of his elite hockey sense with him actually seeing McCabe open well before he outhustled Staal to the loose puck and thereafter making the sweet dish. That was an example world class anticipation, vision, skill, and execution that has me excited for his future.

Last edited:

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
The play by Grigorenko was display of his elite hockey sense with him actually seeing that McCabe was open well before he outhustled Staal to the loose puck and made the sweet dish. That was an example world class anticipation, vision, skill, and execution that has me excited for his future.

After re-watching the clip and focusing on Grigs from the beginning, I noticed he didn't even look to see where Caber was before he got the puck and passed it to him. It's a textbook definition of elite hockey sense in the offensive zone by knowing where all players are at all times. Add this to the fact that it was a perfect tape-to-tape pass... :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad