Sunday, 11 March 2018
Time/ResultHomeAwayVenue
9:30 AM ETArsenalWatfordEmirates Stadium
12:00 PM ETBournemouthTottenham HotspurVitality Stadium
Monday, 12 March 2018
Time/ResultHomeAwayVenue
4:00 PM ETStoke CityManchester Citybet365 Stadium
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lovren and Mane are talking a very big game about how they don't want to play in defensive teams, or that Liverpool would never play for a point like Manchester United. So this game will be funny one way or the other tomorrow. Unfortunately waking up at 4:30 is no longer an option as I'm not 20 anymore.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Pogba apparently pulled up in practice today and is in doubt for tomorrows game.

If he's out, United is 100% going to bunker up and hope to steal a late goal.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Let's be honest...United is going to bunker up and hope to steal a goal anyway (late or otherwise).

I hope we put them to the sword and chase them off the pitch. Let's go lads!

Karius
Arnold - Lovren - van Dijk - Robertson
Henderson
Chambo - Can
Salah - Firmino - Mane​

Time to take 2nd, even if Mourinho is a bad stylistic match-up for Kloppo. United is ****.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The usual bus parking threat to Liverpool occurs when the team has players to counter. United doesn't if Pogba's out. They've played lots of bus parking teams in 2018 and have only failed to score against one of them. Porto being a dead rubber, can't really judge from that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea I don't put United's chances great if Mourinho's goal is to play deep defense and snag one on the counter. Especially with Martial and Pogba out.

Bailly being back is a big help, but I don't trust Young, Smalling, and Valencia helping enough to stop Salah/Firmino.

Initial lineup speculation I heard was something like this

Lukaku
Rashford - Sanchez - Mata
Matic - Pogba
Young - Smalling - Bailly - Valencia
If Pogba is indeed out, I'd guess McTominay would take his place, *maybe* Lingard. Lingard would offer more of a breakout threat, but still not a ton.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pogba in the two is probably not a recipe for success against Liverpool. I’d be shocked if he didn’t play though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The usual bus parking threat to Liverpool occurs when the team has players to counter. United doesn't if Pogba's out. They've played lots of bus parking teams in 2018 and have only failed to score against one of them. Porto being a dead rubber, can't really judge from that.
Huh? Sanchez, Lukaku and Rashford are better quality up front to counter than anything the mid and bottom table teams have.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'd play the old xmas tree formation against 'Pool and let them have all the space they want on the flanks

hate this style of play from UTD under Jose

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Someone has to get them the ball.
Well I mean...who is getting the forwards the ball when we play Swansea or Everton? Especially if Pogba isn't there there'll probably be a lot of lumping it long for Lukaku to fight for.

Of course with van Dijk in the side this strategy has become much less effective.

We'll see. With de Gea and their defensive set-up they usually can keep themselves in most games. I've never been more confident in our team though with Karius in the form he's in, our backline developing consistency and having van Dijk, and our forwards working so well together.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's why Sanchez and Rashford play deep. Then they can lump the ball up to Lukaku so he can play 1v4.

Lukaku will play a ton of chip ons.

It's an excellent strategy when no one is withing 30 yards of your striker.

Weren't they going to do that regardless? Lol

I think there's a difference between just playing defensive and playing like they did against Sevilla.

Initially I'd have expected a defensive setup, now I'm expecting a Sevilla type performance where it's 10 behind the ball at all times.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm going to be very blunt. I absolutely hate these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and would love nothing more than to get the three points here. Our team is good enough to go do it in convincing fashion. A loss would be a horrendous result and completely kill the vibe going over the last little while.

Would love to see the teams drawn together in the CL too.

Reactions: Savant

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
28700811_10156633509097573_690308224081480121_o.png

Let's gooooooooo

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not at home. Wasn't like that against Chelsea.

It’s also possible they come out like they did against Arsenal.

Hell even against Spurs it looked like they were trying to take the game to them, it just got thrown off by a goal 2 seconds in. United still pushed hard after that. At least until the 2nd goal that seemed to break them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad