GWT: Premier League Round 3

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You misspelled Matip.

For some Wengerish reason all of the attacks have been aimed at Matip and Gomez instead of Lovren and Morono. Matip has tackled or intercepted all of them well before the danger area.

It's cause Sanchez is on that side and he's the only one looking dangerous

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This isn't even a good Liverpool attacking performance. Front three look a bit out of energy and I'm used to seeing them create more chances. Midfield is bossing the game though and running over Arsenal's.

Actually that first goal was started from a Gomez interception. Didn't notice that.

So was the second.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Xhaka needs to go back to germany, this premier league gig is not for him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The commentators agreed with me, saying there was no malice. Which there wasn't. At all. It was just slightly late and Moreno followed through into welbeck.

Who said there was malice? The commentators here said it was an obvious yellow because he was late.
This gets booked every time. There really isn't anything to discuss here. He was late, which made it dangerous, yellow, period.

I don't even know why you make it something important while it isn't. It's an easy decision.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
-----Giroud-Lacazette-----
Sanchez--------------Ozil

Why isn't Arsenal playing that front 4? Giroud and Lacazette would form a perfect tandem (in fact Lacazette's goal last week was out of a Giroud deflection). Sanchez as inside striker, Ozil as playmaker. 4 defensemen, 2 CMs.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
-----Giroud-Lacazette-----
Sanchez--------------Ozil

Which isn't Arsenal playing that front 4? Giroud and Lacazette would form a perfect tandem (in fact Lacazette's goal last week was out of a Giroud deflection). Sanchez as inside striker, Ozil as playmaker. 4 defensemen, 2 CMs.

They don't have two CB anymore unless they play Koscielny-Mertesacker, and the two man midfield with the players they have doesn't work. Playing three CB and two wing backs out of position doesn't make any sense at all, so anything's better than that I guess.

If they do anything before the window shuts they desperately need a CM or they'll have a similar season as last year. Meaning before Sanchez saved their season, when they were around 8-9 points off top four.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aren't they playing Holding? And where's Mustafi?
Coquelin and Ramsey would be better in midfield in such a 4-4-2.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Mustafi is being loaned to Inter. Holding is a CB I guess, a horrible one. I forgot all about him even though I'm watching the game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
n

Mustafi is being loaned to Inter. Holding is a CB I guess, a horrible one. I forgot all about him even though I'm watching the game.

Mertesacker, Koscielny, Holding, and I think Chambers can play CB too.

Anyway, Coquelin in and 4 at the back.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ozil makes sure to lose every ball he touches in this second half and when he doesn't have the ball, he makes a horrible tackle to get a booking. :facepalm:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Who said there was malice? The commentators here said it was an obvious yellow because he was late.
This gets booked every time. There really isn't anything to discuss here. He was late, which made it dangerous, yellow, period.

I don't even know why you make it something important while it isn't. It's an easy decision.

Getting hit by a follow through isn't deserving of a yellow in my book. Guess they make em different there.

And it became a big deal because whenever I say anything, you have to tell me I'm wrong because you just need to flaunt your supposed football knowledge. Same with when I mentioned Bakayoko having a bad game last week.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Getting hit by a follow through isn't deserving of a yellow in my book. Guess they make em different there.

And it became a big deal because whenever I say anything, you have to tell me I'm wrong because you just need to flaunt your supposed football knowledge. Same with when I mentioned Bakayoko having a bad game last week.

You posted lots of things in this thread, didn't contradict you in any except this one, and didn't even do it with any anger.

Rules are the same everywhere, that's a yellow.

No need to have an inferiority complex :sarcasm:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Amateur. This reminds me of the poor run of form last year.

I expect panic signings again.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Arsenal should :
1- fire Wenger
2- Sign a decent CB before next week. A decent CM would be good as well.
2- Hire Blanc, Tuchel or someone that's decent enough.
3- Sell Sanchez and Ozil and take the maximum of cash.
4- Invest in january in lots of young cheap talents. At every single position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad