GWT: Premier League Matchday 37

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And it all comes down to Liverpool needing a point against Brighton and Chelsea needing all three from Newcastle
Liverpool have Goal Difference on lock down. Liverpool have to lose (or draw and Chelsea win by 15 or more goals) and Chelsea have to win for LFC to drop to 5th

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Liverpool have Goal Difference on lock down. Liverpool have to lose (or draw and Chelsea win by 15 or more goals) and Chelsea have to win for LFC to drop to 5th
Which is exactly what I said. Liverpool need a point and Chelsea need all three.

Or to put it in another way,
Liverpool, to guarantee top 4, need a point
Chelsea, to have a chance to be top 4, need all 3

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Swans are done. They’re not gonna get a win combined with a Southampton loss and a 9 goal differential swing.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
if there's a stiff breeze in France tonight it's cause of the huge sigh of relief that just bellowed out of the Spursy part of London

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Swans are done. They’re not gonna get a win combined with a Southampton loss and a 9 goal differential swing.
I mean, the Swans are playing an unmotivated Stoke and Soton is playing a Man City that wants to get to 100 points. It could happen. But yes, unlikely.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. Pathetic?

Not any more pathetic than Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpoolfans etc. celebrating ending up fourth.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Hopefully Pochettino (who as usual was completely rubbish in his match management) soon realizes that Sissoko and Wanyama are not football players. Can throw in Davies as well.

Sad to watch that game. Eriksen and Trippier played well with some bravery. The other eight outfield players were 3$4!;74?.

Reactions: Fro

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Huddersfield are poor and lucky. But got to respect them. Like their coach. Like their spirit. Like their attitude. So even if they are often boring to watch I’m now kind of happy they survived.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Haha. Pathetic?

Not any more pathetic than Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpoolfans etc. celebrating ending up fourth.
First off, I've never celebrated fourth place. Second off, anybody who celebrates fourth place is dumb. Third off, making 4th place gives you enormous revenue funds for making the Champion's League, especially when the likes of Spurs, Arsenal, and Liverpool tend to make it thru the round of 16 gaining thirty-million pounds worth of money.

Huddersfield are none of these, only benefit for them in staying up is EPL's TV money.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And staying in the EPL is a massive revenue boost, too.
Yeah I mentioned that...only for @Stray Wasp to tell us five years down the road how they spent all that money on awful buys with hiring Pardew as eventual manager after they fire Wagner because they're going to slip sometime in the next two seasons...

Still not as pathetic as Arsenal’s season :D
We're getting rid of our manager for a reason!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad