13. West Ham
14. Newcastle
15. Brighton
16. Burnley
17. Crystal Palace
18. Fulham
19. Aston Villa
20. West Brom

Let me just say that I wrote this in the span of about 3 minutes and so this is a very loose prediction. But here are my justifications:

Top 2 kinda speaks for itself. Til proven otherwise, y'know. I do think there's the chance of Liverpool burnout after the obscenely high level they've played at the past few years, but I still think this is the top two.

Chelsea will be close behind I think. Within 5-8 points of first. Players will take time to adjust, but I really think Werner will take to the PL very quickly. I doubt we ship 54 goals.

Man United in 4th because a full season of Bruno + Pogba, as well as Martial, Greenwood, Rashford working great together. That sets them apart from 5th and 6th. However, what keeps them behind the top 3 is depth - they were absolutely f***ing knackered by the end of this year, and I think the congested fixture schedule is gonna f*** em up real bad.

Spurs will hopefully have a full season of Kane, who quietly knocked in 18 goals last year without anyone noticing. Second Mourinho year is always good, and they ended the season very strongly last year. Arsenal will be close behind them - I'd expect Auba doesn't score quite as much this year as last, but their defense should be a lot sturdier.

Next five are a cluster. Wolves at the top - they've shown this past year that they can navigate fixture congestion with their small squad extremely well, which puts them in a good position for the specificities of this season. Main concern is the age of Joao Moutinho, who was absolutely vital for them last year and is solidly in his mid-30s. If he takes a step back, they're in some trouble. Traore off the bench against exhausted defenders will be a menace though. Everton are here because I like the moves they've made (which is not something I've been able to say about Everton often) and Ancelotti is a very good coach - better than they deserve. Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison could easily hit 15 each. Main question for me with regards to Everton is width - Iwobi and Walcott are both f***ing awful, and DCL and Richarlison are both better centrally. Digne provides it on one side, but they don't really have good wingplay. But Allan and Doucoure solve (hopefully) the main problem they had last year, which was their truly placid and lazy midfield. Sheffield are next because Chris Wilder is the absolute f***ing boy. Losing Henderson has been made better by the presence of Ramsdale, who is a keeper I really like. Team is brilliantly organized. Leicester take a step back. Soyuncu's abysmal tailend of the season has me doubting him, and they looked really bad when they lost their fullbacks to injury - now they've lost one of them fully. I don't think Vardy wins the golden boot this year, which was a huge part of why they did so well last year. Also, honestly, they slip because teams around them are looking good - there's no shame in that. After them come Southampton. Hassenhuttl is doing a great job and from the 9-0 onward they looked very good. I don't think they get 20 goals from Ings again, but I think they're very well coached and will challenge for the top half. Ward Prowse is an absolute ruthless competitor, Redmond has been rejuvenated under Hassenhuttl, and Che Adams started to settle in at the end of the season. These five teams are gonna be close as hell, and I struggled to place them in this table.

Next group of four. Bielsa's Leeds seem perfectly set to be a promoted side that does well because they have such an established identity and playing style. I'm very excited to have them back, and 12th will be a good staging ground for a longer tenure in the PL. West Ham are a wildcard, and their recent chaos has me tepid about their placement here because they could just as easily be relegated. But there's quality there in the form of Antonio, Bowen, and Rice. On paper, their defense is pretty solid. Moyesy will get them midtable, but not much else. Newcastle? I was a Steve Bruce doubter, but they came good last year in many regards. Wilson and Fraser are quality signings as well. I'd expect Wilson to knock in double digits, and Almiron will look even better as well I think. Defense has question marks, but Bruce organizes them pretty well.

Relegation battle. Sean Dyche looks fed-up with Burnley, and there's still a chance they lose Tarkowski. Nick Pope can only do so much. Wood and Barnes are a solid scrappy striker duo though, so they stay up. I'm torn on Palace, because the Eze signing is good and if they can get Batshuayi over the line then that'll be a solid pickup as well (he's a decent striker for a team like that). They were so so so poor at the tail of last season though, and when putting together this table someone has to be this low. So here they are. I struggle to put them ahead of the ones ahead of them. So here we are.

Bottom three is fairly clear to me. Fulham might pop out if Scott Parker can keep their identity solid. But maybe not. Villa were lucky to stay up last year and I think will struggle this year. WBA are a classic bubble squad, and I think they'll be similar to last year's Norwich (even if not that poor).

member 305909

How likely is it that the season will be interrupted again for a period of several weeks because of some third or a fourth wave?

Very likely if you ask me.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. United
6. Arsenal
7. Wolves
8. Leicester
9. Everton
10. Southampton
11. Sheffield
12. West Ham
13. Palace
14. Brighton
15. Burnley
16. Villa
17. Leeds
18. Newcastle
19. Fulham
20. West Brom

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zero effort prediction list:

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Manchester United
5. Leicester City
6. Tottenham Hotspurs
7. Wolverhampton Wanderers
8. Arsenal
9. Everton
10. Sheffield United
11. Newcastle
12. Crystal Palace
13. West Ham
14. Southampton
15. Burnley
16. Brighton
17. Leeds
18. Aston Villa
19. Fulham
20. West Bromwich

Reactions: YNWA14

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Weird things happen

1)ManCity
2)Chelsea
3)Liverpool
4)Spurs
5)ManU
6)Everton
7)Arsenal
8)Leicester
9)Sheffield
10)Wolves
11)Southampton
12)Newcastle
13)Leeds
14)Burnley
15)Palace
16)Fulham
17)Villa
18)Brighton
19)W. Ham
20)W. Brom

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
1) Liverpool - lots of change for competitors and compressed schedules. They know what they are and need to be.

2) City - no Messi, no party. They’ll talk a lot of shit about a redemption tour but they’ve choked a lot lately.

3) Chelsea - still not convinced of Lampard but the talent is immense

4) Spurs - the one good Jose year before it implodes next season

5) United - think the depth hurts and they've needed to win every game since the restart. With Europa, not a lot of rest and a condensed schedule.

6) Arsenal - not convinced of the MF/Def

7) Wolves
8) Leicester
9) Everton
10) Southampton
11) Leeds
12) Sheffield
13) Burnley
14) Brighton
15) Palace
16) West Ham
17) Newcastle
18)WBA
19) Villa
20)Fulham

Reactions: Fro

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester United
7. Wolves
8. Leicester
9. Everton
10. Sheffield United
11. Burnley
12. Leeds
13. Southampton
14. Newcastle
15. West Ham
16. Crystal Palace
17. Aston Villa
18. Brighton
19. West Brom
20. Fulham

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ahhhh might as well.

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Tottenham Hotspurs
4. Chelsea
5. Manchester United
6. Wolverhampton Wanderers
7. Leicester City
8. Arsenal
9. Everton
10. Sheffield United
11. Southampton
12. Crystal Palace
13. West Ham
14. Newcastle
15. Leeds
16. Burnley
17. Brighton
18. Aston Villa
19. West Brom
20. Fulham

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t know the rest, but I expect City to win by a fair margin.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Liverpool end up 3-5th, but maybe with another trophy somewhere else.

Fulham, West Brom and maybe Burnley finally for the drop.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
20/21 Predictions

1.City
2.Liverpool
3.Chelsea
4.United
5.Arsenal
6.Spurs
7. Wolves
8.Everton
9.Leicester
10.Crystal Palace
11. Southampton
12. Newcastle
13. West Ham
14. Burnley
15.Leeds
16.Sheffield
17.Brighton
18.Aston Villa
19.West Brom
20.Fulham

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
20/21 Predictions

1.City
2.Liverpool
3.Chelsea
4.United
5.Arsenal
6.Spurs
7. Wolves
8.Everton
9.Leicester
10.Crystal Palace
11. Southampton
12. Newcastle
13. West Ham
14. Burnley
15.Leeds
16.Sheffield
17.Brighton
18.Aston Villa
19.West Brom
20.Fulham
I agree with this mainly. Swap Everton with Leicester and Leeds with Newcastle.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not going to do the whole table, but

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. United
5. Arsenal
6. Wolves
7. Spurs

17. Newcastle
18. Aston Villa
19. Fulham
20. West Brom

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. City
4. United
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10. Southampton
11. Leeds
12. Newcastle
13. Crystal Palace
14. Sheffield Utd
15. Aston Villa
16. Brighton
17. Burnley
18. West Ham
19. Fulham
20. West Brom

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
FB4CDD66-CFC4-47CA-8024-C6BC46A59C41.jpeg

What a f***ing sham. 2nd week of the season and I’ve gotta buy a peacock subscription??

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The more I read about your lot's dilemma the more I'm grateful for DAZN. What sucks is that La liga/Lique 1 is with Bein until 2024.

$5.99 a month for Espn plus which is not on cable. At all. Bundesliga and Serie A

$4.99 for Peacock for some EPL games. Others are on NBC Sports which you need cable.

Ligue 1/La Liga is Bein which you need cable.

$5.99 for CL/Europa on CBS Sports

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
$5.99 a month for Espn plus which is not on cable. At all. Bundesliga and Serie A

$4.99 for Peacock for some EPL games. Others are on NBC Sports which you need cable.

Ligue 1/La Liga is Bein which you need cable.

$5.99 for CL/Europa on CBS Sports
Been wrestling with all of this today. I've had the cord cut for three years but it's becoming more of a hassle.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Are you using Bein?
I had it last season but it pissed me off so much. Laggy which isnt a problem but the app is glitchy too. You cant watch reruns or highlights. You wonder at times why are you paying for a service you can get free. They need to revamp their shitty service before I spend anymore $ on it. I get DAZN free from a friend which forces me to watch more EPL games but meh. Anything else there's other places you get free that do a much better job.

Reactions: Cassano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad