Premier League 2020-2021 (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The only "adding" to debt they've done is a loan earlier this year to provide cashflow during COVID.

All of the interest they're paying is based on loans the Glazers saddled the club with to support their buyout and have nothing to do with transfers.
I’m saying that if you have to take out a nine figure loan, you shouldn’t be making those kind of transfers. I don’t think you can say those things aren’t related. It’s money and it’s being recirculated.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My god they even have Men In Blazers on Peacock Premium behind a paywall

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’m saying that if you have to take out a nine figure loan, you shouldn’t be making those kind of transfers. I don’t think you can say those things aren’t related. It’s money and it’s being recirculated.

What kind of transfers are you talking about? They've made a single 40m purchase this summer.

Edit: And even if they had already made or proceed to make large purchases, you still have a fundamental misunderstanding of how FFP works and what the impact of a loan would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Say Hey Kid

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

I can't even go to the frigging bar to watch these games.

do you know if you get this stupid app, can you watch all the games off the app, even ones that are televised?

or is this a ESPN3 vs ESPN plus type thing where they don't cross over?

Any idea?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They have to do something to make the price warranted, but it's the same problem I have with video games. Like when a studio company makes something open/free in a previous game and then hides it behind a microtransaction paywall in the next game is what drives me crazy personally.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I am actually quite shocked that Manchester United is still the #1 team in revenues in england even with their shortcoming on the field and they shady owner. The financial impact of Sir Alex Ferguson is the biggest at any club at any point in history.

Manchester United's financial power preceded Ferguson's arrival. He built on the legacy of Busby, who made them from a club with a bombed-out home ground into one of the most famous clubs on the planet - until the last couple of decades, apart from Liverpool no other English side had an international following of note. Until 56-57 the Red Devils had never even been the best-supported team in England. In 67-68 they set a single-season attendance record: 57,000 +. That figure stood until 1999-2000.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, sounds good I guess, though, not really naming them right now is a bit fishy. I also wonder whether or not right now is the time to sell (or buy for that matter) with revenues so up in the air. 350 million for them sounds kinda low?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean, sounds good I guess, though, not really naming them right now is a bit fishy. I also wonder whether or not right now is the time to sell (or buy for that matter) with revenues so up in the air. 350 million for them sounds kinda low?
It's not a good time to buy (seems like prime to sell with revenues up in the air to me), but Sullivan won't sell because...I don't know why. A bad time to sell will be when they get relegated, I can say that much. I just don't get being an owner that doesn't want to invest, but also doesn't want to sell at a profit. Like is having a status toy so important that you don't care that it's the very reason everyone hates you?

The article specifies that the price is based on the £300M from the proposed Newcastle takeover, plus a £50M London tax. Seems reasonable to me. That figure would more than triple their investment in the span of a decade.

I'll put it at 1% they actually sell any time soon.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020

Don't think it needs translation.

He is making quite a bit of blunders. If it was Matip, Lovren or Sakho who did what he did they would get crucified and rightly so. But to be fair, he deserved quite a bit of leeway for how he played for quite a while, unlike De Light who is lauded as one of the best in the world despite being a walking turnover/blown coverage.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's not a good time to buy (seems like prime to sell with revenues up in the air to me), but Sullivan won't sell because...I don't know why. A bad time to sell will be when they get relegated, I can say that much. I just don't get being an owner that doesn't want to invest, but also doesn't want to sell at a profit. Like is having a status toy so important that you don't care that it's the very reason everyone hates you?

The article specifies that the price is based on the £300M from the proposed Newcastle takeover, plus a £50M London tax. Seems reasonable to me. That figure would more than triple their investment in the span of a decade.

I'll put it at 1% they actually sell any time soon.

I mean, when you're a billionaire, a few extra million doesn't mean a bunch. Even if that's 300 or so.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He is making quite a bit of blunders. If it was Matip, Lovren or Sakho who did what he did they would get crucified and rightly so. But to be fair, he deserved quite a bit of leeway for how he played for quite a while, unlike De Light who is lauded as one of the best in the world despite being a walking turnover/blown coverage.

Well on this forum De Ligt gets dumped on plenty.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Weird. I was told there was no regression at all from his first season.

Granted he was still playing at a best in the world level.

To be fair only one of those last season was before they clinched the title. Then everyone started f***ing up.

Then he did this week too. I think all except this week's was from a back pass.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To be fair only one of those last season was before they clinched the title. Then everyone started f***ing up.

Also the number is only 3.

Which is the same as Sérgio Ramos for example.

Virgil is such a high level he obviously has a big microscope on him; two of those errors were certainly egregious, but he is still the best Centerback in the world, probably by a wide margin.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I can't even go to the frigging bar to watch these games.

do you know if you get this stupid app, can you watch all the games off the app, even ones that are televised?

or is this a ESPN3 vs ESPN plus type thing where they don't cross over?

Any idea?

I sprang for it because I really had no choice if I want to watch the EPL. I think it basically replaces both the NBC Sports and NBC Sports Gold apps (which I had last season). I know that last season I could watch the televised games on the NBCSports app, and I think (but I'm not sure) that the same is true with Peacock Premium.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man City have done it again!

by virtue of Bournemouth beating Crystal Palace in a 12 round PK shootout (Carabao Cup), their dominance in dodging PL opposition in the domestic cups continues.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I think during the season last year he was still a little bit worse than he was the year prior. But I think that has more to do with the fact that keeping up his play 2 years just wasn't sustainable. Either way he was still a best in the world CB.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I have 2 errors in mind. The one against Manchester City and the other one at Leeds.

Is there more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad