Premier League 2020-2021 (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It’s absurd. I refuse to buy it. I’ll go to the bar if a game is paywalled

that’s what I did last couple years with NBC gold. But this shit is ridiculous. Look at the schedule for next weekend. It’s a joke. A 3pm and a 2pm back to back. Neither of which I would watch anyway probably.

nothing on tv all of Saturday morning. Nothing.

Reactions: Cassano

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
And it's all ESPN's fault because NBC is just following their shitty tactics and trying to get people to their plus service. I don't care if it's 5 bucks, it's more of the etiquette that pisses me off more than anything. Like Chelsea vs Liverpool last season wouldn't have been on NBC Gold.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I feel like it doesn't get talked about that Jamie Vardy has broken double digit goals every year in the Premier League sans his first (5/6), has hit 20 in three of those five seasons, and has hit 15 each of the past three. He's f***in good

Only Aguero (9) and Kane (6) have longer current streaks of double digit goal seasons than Vardy's 5.

Reactions: Blender and Cassano

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I feel like it doesn't get talked about that Jamie Vardy has broken double digit goals every year in the Premier League sans his first (5/6), has hit 20 in three of those five seasons, and has hit 15 each of the past three. He's f***in good

Only Aguero (9) and Kane (6) have longer current streaks of double digit goal seasons than Vardy's 5.
Vardy is 27th all time in Premier League goals, and 7th all time in goals/game among the top 30 goal scorers. Aguero and Kane are both in a 3-way tie with Henry for goals/game.

He's one of the best goal scorers in the league.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

All of that is true.

he’s also such a huge douchebag.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

The two biggest clubs in England ruined by owners who use them to finance other projects. Such a tragic downfall, it legitamately hurts badly to see. With the two best fanbases in England, Arsenal and United deserve better. Kroenke needs to go, the Glazers need to go.

Misread the graphs so nevermind, but the point still kinda stands

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The Glazers had Manchester United take out a truckload of loans so they could complete their buyout. Now United is saddled with the massive debt and is also paying tens of millions a year in dividend payments to them (in addition to more millions in director salaries).

As much as United have spent recently, they could easily be spending 30-40m more a season if they had owners who weren’t taking so much money out of the club.

United are such a financial powerhouse they’ve been able to spend like drunken sailors through it, but the Galzers are absolute top tier parasitic owners.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The two biggest clubs in England ruined by owners who use them to finance other projects. Such a tragic downfall, it legitamately hurts badly to see. With the two best fanbases in England, Arsenal and United deserve better. Kroenke needs to go, the Glazers need to go.

Misread the graphs so nevermind, but the point still kinda stands
This isn’t worth arguing but no. Just no.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This shit drives United fans so crazy. It’s a great gig if you can get it. Pay yourself to take loans.

This is just hard to take seriously when it's well known that Manchester City's owners pump tons of money into the club through fake marketing/sponsorship contracts, but that isn't reported here as owner investment. They must really be one of the world's most popular and and wealthy clubs.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This is just hard to take seriously when it's well known that Manchester City's owners pump tons of money into the club through fake marketing/sponsorship contracts, but that isn't reported here as owner investment. They must really be one of the world's most popular and and wealthy clubs.

this was a subsequent tweet.

But yeah I’m not sure how you’d quantify sponsorship money here. I assume it wouldn’t count as purely funding in this view but I’m not totally sure.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Honestly what Man United is doing is worse.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
City at least have the money to pay for it. United just keeps adding debt and borrowing against the club. That’s a worse violation of FFP in my opinion; spending money that they don’t have/adding debt to fund transfers.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
City at least have the money to pay for it. United just keeps adding debt and borrowing against the club. That’s a worse violation of FFP in my opinion; spending money that they don’t have/adding debt to fund transfers.

That's not what's happening. The vast majority of the debt was to fund the Glazers takeover and continued raiding of the club coffers. It doesn't have to do with transfers.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
That's not what's happening. The vast majority of the debt was to fund the Glazers takeover and continued raiding of the club coffers. It doesn't have to do with transfers.
People hate the Glazers but how freaking smart they are, they purchased the team and used the club debt to finance the money of their own takeover.

That is brilliant. They now have a multi billion asset without much cash spent and they are still stripping cash annually from the club. Brilliant!

I am actually quite shocked that Manchester United is still the #1 team in revenues in england even with their shortcoming on the field and they shady owner. The financial impact of Sir Alex Ferguson is the biggest at any club at any point in history.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
People hate the Glazers but how freaking smart he is, he purchased the team and used the club debt to finance the money of his takeover.

That is brilliant. He now has a multi billion asset without much cash spent and he is still stripping cash annually from the club.
Yup. Whenever they decide to sell they will make a f*** ton of money.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don’t know that I agree with that.
Either way. Man Utd should be repaying their debt. Not adding more and in the mean time putting out 8-9 figure transfer fees. It’s ridiculous.

I think the visuals speak for themselves. Everyone complains about FSG, but they are putting money back into the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->